Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Bruce and I'm from New Jersey (don't hold that against me). I have been searching for the right '66 or '67 Nova for quite a while. I finally found it in Kentucky and brought it home the end of March. 12 Hour trip each way, but I'm hoping it was worth it. We'll see when I finish tweaking it. But I have fulfilled a long term quest and that already makes me feel good. I'll post photos as soon as I figure it all out. I am not real computer literate, though I did save the photos the previous owner had sent me. Tried to put one in my avatar, but the photo is too large. Oh well, I'll get around to it...
Nice to see a place where I can get anewers to the many questions I am sure will arise as I learn more about my 1967 2 door hardtop, vin 116377 car. It now has a 355 with a turbo 350. Beautiful Hot Hues Blazing Copper paint. If anybody might know this car I'd love to get more information on it.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, Bruce!:yes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the site Bruce,,, lots of info here and good Nova people. If we can help we will.....Nice ride by the way, love the blower and the black on blue!!!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! And Scott...you have a great site. Been there multiple times already. I just pulled apart my "posi" rear (so the previous owner told me) to find a 3.08 open rear. I'm now going to buy the posi unit and that will be the first thing changed! I think I'm going to leave the 3.08 gear set, just make it a posi. The car has plenty of motor to make it go, so I believe the higher gear ratio will work out fine since it is not going to be a race car.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Thanks guys! And Scott...you have a great site. Been there multiple times already. I just pulled apart my "posi" rear (so the previous owner told me) to find a 3.08 open rear. I'm now going to buy the posi unit and that will be the first thing changed! I think I'm going to leave the 3.08 gear set, just make it a posi. The car has plenty of motor to make it go, so I believe the higher gear ratio will work out fine since it is not going to be a race car.
welcome to steves!!That 3.08 is a great all around gear...you can burn rubber and cruise the Hwy.Lets see some pics!!Look here
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Photos of my 1967

Okay, I'm gonna give this a try.......here are some photos sent to me when I inquired about the car. And yes, it does look just like the photos. Anybody recognize it??? I'm looking for information on the car from past owner(s).

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Wow, clean :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking for info....

Thanks guys. Been looking for a long time for the right one. The car was in the Missouri and Kentucky areas. Just wondering if anybody here recognizes it and can give me some information or lead where I might find out more about this car. :pray:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome, Bruce. Beautiful car! Can't give you any information on it, as I'm a Florida boy, but I'm sure someone here can. We Nova people seem to be everywhere! (Good to have another Bruce here, btw) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately, I am presently scheduled to be away that week end. I saw the first dates and was going to be around. Then I saw the new date and I'll be out of town. But, you never know.....things change!
I am friends with John Truman. I was down at your first show checking it out. I also ran (and am running it this year again) the Cruise Down Memory Lane in Vineland. He knows I was looking for a '66 or '67. He doesn't know I bought one yet.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
That is beautiful! Love the 2 genners, and that color really stands out. Enjoy the car, that one is a keeper.

Tiny

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is one really sweeeet ride! This site is great along with the people that belong to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still looking for info.....

TTT......I am still hoping that someone might recognize this car and be able to give me some information on it or direct me to someone who might. I dropped a letter to the former owner that was on the Kentucky title I received, but unfortunately have not received a response. The guy I bought it from could not tell me very much about the car.
Thanks, Bruce

1 - 20 of 20 Posts