Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'd like to say I've read alot of the info on here, there's some great people in this forum and I'm lucky I found it. There's a lot of very useful information so thanks very much to everyone and I promise to try not to ask too many dumb questions or repeat old questions. I'll only ask if I can't find it.

My first request is, would anyone mind taking a look at the photo's I've posted on my profile, give an opinion of what they're steps might be. I have read alot on rust removal from this site but every project requires a different level of care and steps. I purchased The must for Rust yesterday and I've been using a wire wheel for the bulk of the rust but I just wanted to get an experienced persons opinion on what they might do.

Also, I've debated using oxide red KBS Rust Seal for the interior and a urethane paint on the exterior. Any opinions or suggestions on this matter would also be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Is that the car that was on the local CL for $8,500.?

I would talk to your dad about sand blasting all those area's. You
would need to remove all the seam sealer. If you don't have the
tools or know how to make the curved parts it helps to make
several small parts to make a whole part. You can buy card stock
to copy the outline you need and bend the metal to match. After
you do a couple you will get the hang of it.

Seems to me I just saw a 73 floor pan on ebay or CL if you want
to go that route.

Chuck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I just saw the floor on ebay myself for 74 bucks and then I signed up for welding school. Gonna do it the right way but in the meantime, just for the experience, I'm continuing to work with the floor and I'm gonna use it for welding experiments. After a full days work today, I'm down to sanding the areas I couldn't reach with the wire wheel then I'll be ready for liquid treatment.

PS I got the car for 2500 from craigslist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts