Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i just moved here to LEMMON SOUTH DAKOTA! from southern california! drove myh nova the whole way! and as far as i know i am the only nova guy here in the tiny town of lemmon!

well anyways im just saying high to any fellow nova neighbors in the area and looking for some possible events that may be going on around here....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the state! I have to ask what brought you to SD? You are in a somewhat isolated area, and I'm not sure what is available in NW SD. Check for the dates for Cool Deadwood Nights -its agreat show/auction in August I believe. I get near Lemmon on the way to Buffalo for antelope hunting. Hope the culture shock doesn't overwhelm you. Greenova(DeSmet,SD):D

·
Registered
329 Posts
My Nova was from Rapid City, South Dakota, it survived the flood of 72.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the state! I have to ask what brought you to SD? You are in a somewhat isolated area, and I'm not sure what is available in NW SD. Check for the dates for Cool Deadwood Nights -its agreat show/auction in August I believe. I get near Lemmon on the way to Buffalo for antelope hunting. Hope the culture shock doesn't overwhelm you. Greenova(DeSmet,SD):D
my dad bought this house about 5 years ago and as time went california got ****tier and ****tier to live in and by this i mean GANGS, POLLUTION, GRAFFITI, GOV. ARNOLD, VIOLENCE just waking up in sothern cali is a hazard lol
THE COST OF LIVING!!!! i was making almost 1700 a month after tax on a full time job and couldn't afford living out there as to here in this town rent for a 2 bed house ranges from 250 -350 bucks a month!!!

i have a whole list of reasons lol but those are the best!

yeah so far not much to do here in this town but they do have a small car club here that go on runs once or twice a month which is pretty cool... the people here are friendly well 98% of them are... fresh clean air AND I LOVE THE THUNDER STORMS SO FAR! lol

so far its been pretty good i just need to find a job which is a lil hard in a small town lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have any experience with livestock or farming, the local ranchers usually have openings, especially with harvest coming up. I believe Lemmon is a county seat, so county government and highway dept are a possibility. Good luck and enjoy SD-Greenova

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope no experience with live stock i was a city boy all my life! lol but yeah im gonna check out the county and gov job listings out here....

ive been told i can apply to be a cop here in this lil town they are looking for another officer and they said sense i have 4 years of security i would be a good candidate for the job BUT i dont see my self being a cop lol but its an option... i applied at a lumber yard the other day and a small store so hopefully ill get some calls... but if not ill look into that whole small town cop thing... cuz really there isnt anything happening here so it cant be too hard! they say the most crime they have here is DUI! which is dumb cuz everything i mean EVERYTHING! is well within walking distance lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

so far its not bad out here, the town is kind of boring not a whole lot to do! lol

BUT there is a car club out here R.P.M.S car club and they just had a car show / cruise / poker run which was pretty damn cool! had some nice cars and the cruise was fun drove over to ceader lake and back made some stops in between for the poker run haha.... and so far im the only one out here rocking a nova! and one of the very few rocking a bowtie period! haha lot of mopar guys! soooo i think im gonna have to show em up!
are there any good tracks out here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts