Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New to the site here. Im located in Columbus OH and have a rough 67 SS that I have had for quite a few years. Im finally getting ready to get into her. Im a long time Nova fan ( my brother had a 66 SS). From what I have decoded mine was sea blue with black interior , vinyl top, 11837 car with 4 speed. STill trying to figure the rest out lol

Thanks Steve for a cool site

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the family :waving:

If we can help, just have to ask and we should work on it the best we can :yes:

And when you get a chance, :attention: :worthless:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to SNS. Alot of knowledgeable people on this site when it comes to Nova's. I'am about 10 min. south of Dayton. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

Im not looking to go back all orginal or anything, just interested to see what it was etc, have really finalized my build plan yet, need to get it all apart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys
I have a random question after doing some reading. Based on what I have found you cant tell what engine actually came in the car without the build sheet is that correct? Meaning you cant determine 327 vs 283 by vin or cowl tag only. My 67 is pretty rough and like I said I havent found he build sheet so I only have the vin and cowl tag so far. Im not looking to make it original but would like to know what it was anyway.. thanks again for the welcomes and the help
R

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RESTO ON YOUR NOVA
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Welcome!

A lot of our little Chevy II's came with 6 cylinders also, what are the signs of a V-8?
It could have been a 6 Banger...

and like everyone has said lets see pictures!

Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wlel like I said so far all I have is the vin and cowl tag. It has the 11837 , SS emblems ( I know which mean nothing) clutch pedal is still there and decoding the tag was a 4speed car. I havent looked at things such as the fuel line size yet etc. From what I have found also it was Sea blue with a black vinyl top, bucket seats , black interior , 4 speed... about it
The interior is all out or mostly out, I have some stored and need to go pick that up to get the seat backs apart... maybe its hanging out in there. I can only keep my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bringing back an old post. I finally picked up my seats, ( long story we had a house fire and my truck stolen) The Nova has been on the back burner in the garage.

I pulled the sear backs off and found 2 sheets, One in each. Ill try to get pics and post them if possible.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will find it very usefull with a lot of great members ready to share their expertise and experiences.
I'm in the middle of my project and have been helped tremendously here.
I'm from Tipp City about 10 minutes north od Dayton.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Glad to have you back. Good luck with your project.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts