Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wrenchers. Name is A.J. And I live in Seattle area.

A Little background about me......

Go back 10 years to 2002, Got a honda crx. Liked the sportyness of it but it wasnt fast. Went to the wrecking yard got some junkyard turbos, bult some manifolds and piping bolted it all together and learned how to tune. Fast forward 5 years to 2007. Finnaly steped up to building a motor, and turboing it and making 300whp/290wtq on pump gas and 20lbs of boost. Got tired of the slow car and pulled the motor, sold the car in 2011, and picked up an acura shell. Put my motor in bigger turbo, more boost and made 434whp/336wtq still on pump gas.
here is the build threads for my cars....

crx build....
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.0.html

integra.....
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

So im not new to the car game. What I am new to is v8's :devil:

Lets go back like 29 years....
Uncle got a 66 nova. He pulled it apart in 1983, and didnt get it back together b4 he passed away in 1986. So here it is sitting in my dads garage since then. My dad and my other uncle always said that there were going to build the car but never had the time or the motivation. So fast forward to summer 2012 and I get the call to come pick the car up if I want it. So last week it made its fist trip outside the garage since 1983.....

So no motor or trans, overall body is in pretty good shape, Just a little bit of damage here and there. Have a running 327 and a th400 to drop in the car and hopfully make it move under its own power. All the rest of the car parts are at my dads untill I make another trip. More pics and info to come in the next few weeks.

·
14,589 Posts
Hello A.J. Welcome to the site. It looks like you have a pretty solid car to start with. What's up with the BB sitting in the first picture? It was really hard to tell there was a car in that garage.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
member induction

Hi and Welcome , you have wrenched your share,I'am 64 never have done anything with turbo but a lot of people told me thats were the power is you could not see the nova under all the garage pieces and bits but it sure is a nice piece to fix up. c-u skinnydude

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The big block was a motor that my pops pulled from a friend's truck. Had rod knock.

But I did get my hands on a running 327 from a 66 Chevy. Don't know what it originally came from but it runs and its a factory 4 barrel car. Also have a set of long tube headers that came with the car, along with 2 350 blocks, a th400, a 4 speed, and a power glide. Just got to go pick up the crates and crates of parts.

Plan is to just get it running and the brakes to work. Need to do some brake upgrades and then eventually get a New front clip and do some road racing. Go with a lq4 or 9 and then a single Borg Warner S400 and lay down some good numbers.

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Welcome to the site and looks like a solid old car you got there. Good luck with it. :yes:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! I could not see the car in the first picture at first, but the right rear tail light is the give away. Almost like a where's Waldo picture!! The car looks very soild!! Have fun and enjoy the project!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Overall the car is pretty straight, needs a little love on the body around the back window, and the rear right tail light section is a little boogered. On another note, us there a section where someone has uploaded the service manual, wiring diagrams, and all that good stuff?

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS A.J. , :waving:

PERFECT RIDE TO GET IT DONE WITH! KEEP US UP TO SPEED ON YOUR PROGRESS, START A THREAD IN THE CAR PROFILES. :yes:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, yeah, a lot if work ahead of me. Since I'm doing this on a real tight budget. Got my first baby on the way. But at least I have a pretty clean project to start with. Once I hit the state patrol to get it inspected, I will then build a car chassis dolly so I can take all 4 wheels off and roll it around in my garage. Then I will start with brakes and a gas tank and go from there. And I'm sure some disassembly will be involved! I'll start a new thread once that happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts