Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

My first car at the ripe old age of 16 was 1966 Chevy II SS. The car had a 283, powerglide, power steering and was blue on blue. The roof had been repainted silver after it went through a barbed wire fence.

I bought the car from a used car dealer on Orange Avenue in Orlando Florida in 1975. I gave it to my cousin when I joined the Army at the end of 1976. I have been looking for that car even since.

I stumbled on it parked in a subdivision in Clermont, FL about 1981 or 1982. That was the last time I saw the car.

The owners in Clermont turned it into a drag racer, doing 7.60 second quarters with a 454 engine. The car was raced all over the southeast US. They eventually sold the car to a friend, who sold it to someone in the Webster, FL area. The friend they sold it to has passed away, so he cannot be asked for additional info.

I am poking at every hole I can find to see if I can locate the car again. I just want to see it one more time before my time is up. I am 63 now, and not in the best of health.

The VIN number of the car is 118376N164282, and I have the title history all the way back to 1970.

I am hoping someone might recognize this car, since the last time I saw it it still had the silver roof with the Marina Blue body.

Here is the only picture I have of the car....
66Novapic.jpg

If anyone knows anything about this car, please let me know. My email address is [email protected].

Any suggestions for ways to locate the car would be greatly appreciated. Please email me with ideas as well. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
7.60’s in the quarter or the 1/8th mile?
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,113 Posts
Hey . . . . ' emccomas ' . . . . . Welcome too SNS ; and , glad to have you here .

Very cool story ............................... ( I've got a very close story too your's ) .

I can not help . . . . . . . but , "Steves Nova Site" - - - Is Everywhere - - - !
Someone may jump in and know / have some-kind of small info .

Cool picture . . . . and , a Nice car .

later , jim

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
597 Posts
Welcome! I hope you find your former Nova.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Welcome to the party . . .

Maybe if you had foto(s) of the tag(s) , you can cheque up at the dmv or a title company .

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I wish you the best of luck in your search for the 66 Chevy II.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the site..! Looks like it was a pretty cool ride back in the day..

Have you tried to Google the license plate or VIN..?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have very similar story, year was 1970, a 67 nova SS 283 3 on tree, not looking cause I totaled it, lol, guess I wasnt a very good care taker back in day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the party . . .

Maybe if you had foto(s) of the tag(s) , you can cheque up at the dmv or a title company .
DMV will no longer provide information about personal ownership of cars. Before the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) of 1994 was enacted, I did a title search through Florida and got copies of all of the titles for the car. DPPA put a screeching halt to all of that info being available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Welcome to the site..! Looks like it was a pretty cool ride back in the day..

Have you tried to Google the license plate or VIN..?
License plate will not help, since car hasn't had a license plate on it since it was turned into a race car. I have searched using the VIN every place I an thing of, no luck.

And just to clarify this effort, I am searching for the car for one of the other previous owners. My days of major project efforts are over, as per doctor's orders.

I would love to find and see the car before my time is up, but like everything else in life, we can't always get everything we want.

And since I have a show quality restored 1964 Corvette coupe, and a nice 3 owner, 76K original miles 1956 Bel Air 4 door sedan that is 2/3 done as a driver restoration, I really do not have any thing to complain about.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, etc. I will keep searching

·
Registered
961 Posts
DMV will no longer provide information about personal ownership of cars. Before the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) of 1994 was enacted, I did a title search through Florida and got copies of all of the titles for the car. DPPA put a screeching halt to all of that info being available.
a Facebook post with photo of the car might be a good avenue. that is a unique color combo, surely someone would recognize it even from the drags back in the day.

-Rusty

·
Registered
66 Nova SS
3,775 Posts
Good luck with the search, I would like to hear the story about the barbed wire fence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts