Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After retirement in 1995, I have restored several Studebakers from 1954 to 63 models. Attention is now directed to my original owner 1971 Nova with over 200K miles. Car was driven about two weeks ago for first time in 5 years but the fuel system is messed up, pulled tank, rebuilt carb, and sent gauge and sending unit for rebuild, as one or the other is broken, ground is OK. Most likely new gas tank is in order. Been in family since 1971, and, the amazing part is, the kids learned to drive on it, it was stolen once, and it has never had any engine or tranny work beyond routine maintenance. This will be my winter project as soon as I sell some of the Studebakers. Might even install crate 350 so there will be a lot of questions in your future. Ken71

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
member intro.

Hi and Welcome I have retired 2 years ago , ipicked up a 1963 chevy II ragtop did complete restoration on it just finished it. pics to come later. put a 327 turbo 350 with 3:36 runs fantastic. skinnydude

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Great story also and glad to hear that you kept it this long in the Family :yes:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
After retirement in 1995, I have restored several Studebakers from 1954 to 63 models. Attention is now directed to my original owner 1971 Nova with over 200K miles. Car was driven about two weeks ago for first time in 5 years but the fuel system is messed up, pulled tank, rebuilt carb, and sent gauge and sending unit for rebuild, as one or the other is broken, ground is OK. Most likely new gas tank is in order. Been in family since 1971, and, the amazing part is, the kids learned to drive on it, it was stolen once, and it has never had any engine or tranny work beyond routine maintenance. This will be my winter project as soon as I sell some of the Studebakers. Might even install crate 350 so there will be a lot of questions in your future. Ken71
Make sure to take lots of pics. We LOVE pics here!! Welcome and sounds like a great Nova story!!

Andy

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you desided to join in with us. When you change brands of car you will find that you will meet a new group of vendors, people, and friends. It will be a new ball game. Hope you find the help you need at this site. Keep us informed on your progress and post pictures when you can.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts