Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls my wife and I are now proud owners of a 69 Nova. I'm new to this world of cars and have mostly dealt with 1997-2003 Grand Prixs. So I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the amount of questions I will be asking on this forum. Our Nova has a 350 with headers and exhaust, it also has a SS hood, and the front brakes have been converted to discs. The paint is in rough shape and the seats need to be reupholstered. We will also be looking at possibly adding AC as well as some suspension work to try to stiffen up the ride and get rid of the boat like feel it currently has. Anyway thats enough of me blabbing for now so here are some pics of our new baby.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Alright well let me be the first to tell you WELCOME TO THE SITE! :turn:

Alway good to see 3rd Gens gettin' some lovin'. :yes:

Paint looks pretty good in the pictures. What are your plans with the car?

You'll find all the help you need here.
NPHNP

Micah

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Nice car, good clean car to start with. Welcome and enjoy:cool:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice car. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our plans are to get it to look as original as possible on the interior. We really like the rally wheels so we will probably stay with thos for the time being. You cant really tell from the pics but the paint is cracking in some areas so my wife wants to go with the same blue or maybe a little darker with either black or white stripes. We plan on keeping the 350 and doing some minor stuff to that like a cam, heads, just your basic stuff. We wont be touching the motor until everything else is done though. Oh Also we want to go with a stiffer suspension to get rid of some of that boat like feel. So any info you guys have on that would be great. I want to stay away from buying all new subframes though.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Welcome, looks like you have a fine start there. Nice of you to post all the pics first time out.:yes::D I see patriotism and some 2-wheel action goin' on there too.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site and feel free to ask what ever you like, that's how I have learned as much as I have!:yes: Also feel free to use the search button some things will already have suggestions and refreshing them may bring more input.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the site... Looks like you got yourself a sexy starting point there... good luck with your build up... always good to have the wife involved... rather than complaining about how much you just spent on that %$#@ Nova like mine! :devil:

-Joe-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah there are actually 2 bikes there that I am currently trying to sell. Having the wife want to also do this is deffinatly a big help and im going to make sure she gets some grease under her nails also.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,867 Posts
Nice goin' newbie !!! Welcome to Steve's !:D

Aloha,Ric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts