Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two 1976 nova's. One was being converted to a drag car (I saved it before they cut it up). It is in primer grey and sporting a 400 Pontiac and a TH350. The other is a parts car.
Now the Questions-

What radiator can I use (from another GM vehicle) to keep things cool. The current one doesn't do the job when temps get into the 90's. I don't want to sink $700+ into a BE COOL.
Does anyone know where you can buy mesh material for the grill. Race shop maybe. The SS grill would be nice but are impossible to find and the stocker well it's an eye sore.
This site so far is great. Lots of good information. I have already gotten the low down on suspension. Saved me a bundle! Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
im using a universal jegs radiater from what i can tell its basically the same as the be cool i have to use a tranny cooler thow and modify the top support fan shroud also wont fit. so im getting a universal shroud.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I did the be cool radiator about 6 yrs ago and I do have to say it keeps the car cool even in the hotest weather but was spendy.

We ordered a Griffin aluminum radiator for my brothers nova and it was like $200.00 dollars and works great.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
There are 2 different sizes used in the 4th gen Nova. The larger size is the same as the 2nd gen Camaro.
Click here to go to a thread with photos of the difference in the the core supports and shrouds used.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the info. I will look up the Griffin to see what they are running. Any other ideas or experience will always be welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts