Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the front end up an inch or so, and finally got a new stance. It's low, but when I goose the gas and then jump on the brakes and the front end dives, there's no signs of tire rub. I haven't got to really drive it yet, but we'll see, it looks like everything will clear ok. What do you think? Just right or too low?

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
WHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT COOL LOOKING PAINT JOB???

The stance does look good tho. :yes:

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,995 Posts
If it is not rubbing I would say go with it. How did you raise it up an inch?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paint job, well, I'm trying to eventually get the body all straight, then redo it. I had to strip off 7 different paint jobs, so I was just stripping it to see what I really had. Good news, slight rust in the rear wheel well lips, and one small hole in the driverside door skin. Other than that, some dings and dents, but I'm not going to be able to get to finish the body till the fall. I'm also changing the tail panel and side marker lights to the 68/69 style. The car will stay satin black with the Yenko stripe, just not untill next year.

To raise the front, I put Global West's front spring isolatoprs back under the springs, so it's offically a 4 inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the rear. Should be very little body roll, especially with the big sway bay under the front:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, big block with headers and a deep oil pan. I have about 3-4 inches of ground clearnace. It's close, but i think it'll be ok as long as I pay attention to driving it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i'm running long tube and they hit when I have someone else in the car.... going to short tube, then I want to lower another 1".

I really like your stance........

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
It looks awesome, but I'm betting it will rub on turns. My skinnys rub when I turn and I'm about the same heigth in front.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Thats how my car looked years ago, with drop spindles and hotckis springs....front tires were little smaller. Reminds me of what my car looked like at the paint shop..lol

it looks alot better dropped, if you run a smaller tire up front you may want to pull those spacers out...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tires are 225/60 in front and 255/60 in the rear. The rear has Hotchkis 1.5 drop rear springs. I'm going to try turning the car today, so we'll see what it does. Fingers crossed, I just didn't like how it sat before. it looked like the nose was pointing up towards the sky, but this isn't my gasser project.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, it was too low. Tires rubbed, but not where you would of thought they would. They actually rubbed on the back side of the inner fenders, they didn't touch the fender lips or anywhere close to them. I think if I didn't have the Global West control arms it would of been fine. Well, except for when I scrapped the oil pan, but I could build a skid plate for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts