Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting some new rims for my 74 nova. How do I find out the rear spacing and the bolt pattern that I need? Any help would be appriciated!:turn:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
What size are you looking for? width is the limit problem for wheels, anything 7" wide with a 4.25-4.50 bs should fit all around with out major mods on a tipical nova. but tire size can change thing too.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I run a 245 60 15 on a 7" rim with 4" of back space. It really depends on the size you want to run for back space.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,
I would like to keep them the same size as they are now. They are 14's and I talked to my tire guy and he said for the rim I could go up to 7 inches for width. I just didn't know about the back spacing and the bolt pattern. So you think 5 3/4 for bolt pattern?
What about back spacing.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Well,
I would like to keep them the same size as they are now. They are 14's and I talked to my tire guy and he said for the rim I could go up to 7 inches for width. I just didn't know about the back spacing and the bolt pattern. So you think 5 3/4 for bolt pattern?
What about back spacing.
its 5-4 3/4...this is very important

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
its 5-4 3/4...this is very important
This is correct 5 bolt, 4 & 3/4" pattern and a 14 X 7 with 4" of back space is what the early 3r gen Novas came with I have them on the front of my Nova and 15 X 7 on the rear with 4" BS too.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well,
What about back spacing.
get 15's thell fill out the wheel well better

·
Registered
930 Posts
here you go. This is my '74 back when it was all stock and had 14x7 cragars on all corners. tires were 215/70-14 up front and 225/70-14 out back.

·
Registered
329 Posts
a stock 14x7 had a 4 3/8 backspace on it, but anything with 4 to 4.5, depending on how wide you are going with the tire, will fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts