Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I stopped by "The Parts Place" in Elburn, IL on my way home today to check-out the new reproduction 66 rocker moldings in-person. They are pretty-nice. I bought a set.

Made from heavy extruded aluminum and machined to fit and then polished. Haven't tried them for fit yet. The polishing was OK but they will need a final buff before I mount them. They also need to be painted.

They were $565.00 for the set but I see now they have raised the price to $595.00 per set on ebay. They told me they can't make them fast enough and they received 10 sets today and they were gone in a couple hours.

They told me they plan to make the rear moldings next.

All in all, I give them a nice rating and they are worth the price (especially since it's next to impossible to find nice used ones).:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I believe that J&W Nova used to make them in limited sets may be the same fabricator doing them for them ??

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
They were $565.00 for the set but I see now they have raised the price to $595.00 per set on ebay. They told me they can't make them fast enough and they received 10 sets today and they were gone in a couple hours.
Further proof that 2nd gens are the 'money' cars of the Nova set. Econo-box no more!:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
I purchased a set from J & W about two years ago for $399. and they look and fit great. Don't know if they are still selling them but as I recall they were behind in filling their orders for all the requests.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I knew as soon as I finally got a set, stripped them down and polished them somebody would start making new ones. Those are some really sweet looking pieces. For almost $600 a set you would think they would come with the black painted on them but I guess we should just be glad to be able to buy the moldings. Now let's see, $600 a set, they're selling them faster than they can make them, and they sold 10 sets in about two hours. Some recession huh?:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
The J&W ones did not have the curve to the rocker clearance right but they worked....I think sombody needs to mount a set of the new ones anyone? actually try them on yet are they short, curved right ECt.... Let see pics anyone? JM

·
Registered
929 Posts
Found that Harmons has the front fender trim for the 66 SS at a killer price. Picked up a set for $65 plus shipping.

Best price I have seen so far for these. :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts