Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to sparta sat for the Turkey Nationals........HOLY CRAP 12 degree weather is NOT for racing............I was entered in Pro with 104 cars entered. I made it to the final 4 but lost traction on that run it was 9:30 at night and like 5 degrees. Was an amazing time here are some pics I found 60' all day were 1.72-1.73 on the run I lost went to a 1.82 i dialed up from a 8.04 to a 8.12 anticipating the sping but I ran a 8.16

I ran a best 1/8 mile time of [email protected] (that would work out to a mid [email protected] ) so i met my goals for the year!!!

This is my buddy Kris from Guelph his car has the EXACT same bottom end as mine slightly better heads (Dart Steel heads to my camel humps) and a 150 shot of nitrous. He runs 10.8 in the 1/4 on the bottle 12.2 without

Its Amazing what peoples cameras do!! my car's colour is shown perfectly in the first pictures. but this other photographers photos make it seem so dark

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Nice shots, and congrats on your semi final finish. My brother in law races there occasionally. He has a blue dragster with a 502 crate engine in it. Can't wait to get my nova out. Dave

·
Registered
20,118 Posts
Congratulations on some nice runs in a beautiful car. We are getting the good air down here right now. Cold front, low himidity, motors are liking it. I got my new motor mounts in just in time.:D

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I sure hope that 12 and 5 degree temp was C and not F. I raced at Norwalk about 1975 at a Thanksgiving race and snow was blowing around in the air. We sat in my car which was a 70 Nova with a 375/396 with the heater on listening to a FB game on the AM radio. I won a big frozen turkey and it was terrible cold, that's what I remember...oh and not to do that again...LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts