Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right ive been hearing rumurs of a drag strip coming back to riverside maybe 2 minutes from my house :yes: gonna get more details soon supposedly a go cart track up here in my area has some 98 acres of land and are thinking of making a drag strip ill keep you guys posted :yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no not the one in banning wade its supposed to be off of main in riverside sorrta by the santa ana river bottom at a go cart track :yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I always hear rumors of new drag strips being built. Remember drag city? Even after they said it'd not be made I heard people get excited for it

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i too was disapointed when they closed the doors on drag city!!!! well hopefully this new place does it differently the name of the place is called adams go cart tack

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
no not the one in banning wade its supposed to be off of main in riverside sorrta by the santa ana river bottom at a go cart track :yes:

Is it just North of the 60? It is what Market turns into.
Main turns into Riverside Ave. We used to street race on Riverside Ave just south of the Farmer Boys in the 70's and early 80's. We parked in the driveway for the Animal Farm out there. It was weird hearing Lions roar at night out there.

Drag City in Banning has been a joke for 20 yrs. Drag City was just the latest name put to it.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
It's all about the "Money" and that it :yes: What i mean by that is How much money do you think the county would make on taxes from a Race Track ?? Not much:no: Now on that same land how many houses do you think the county can CRAM on to same land @ 1.5% property tax and other perks of $400.000 +:rolleyes: This is the same reason Brother Hood Raceway in Terminal Island will NEVER happen again :no: Show me the Money:yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah yez terminal island , lions ,ocir,pomona, all infested with houses and other b.s. it would be nice to have another lions or ocir but those pesky poloticans ( morons ) dont care as long as we little guys foot the bill :yes: its funny that we or i always here about all these awesome fast street ( race ) cars and the majority of them are from back east kinda bums me out. yes i know there are plenty of them on the west coast , mid west , canada , mexico etc.... but we dont have a pump gas drags , drag week :no: [email protected]# are own magazine that created this sport goes BACK EAST to run there drag strips. look at zmax dragway in concord n.c. four lanes for christ sake :eek: but not out here :no: nope only street racing on the streets cause the ( morons ) out here dont give a sh#@ cause the have $$$$$$$$$ on there minds :yes:................... ok now i got that off my mind yes wade you are right and i use to race over there tooo by farmer boys up until 3 or 4 years ago :yes: to much heat in that area ( ham & bacon ) :yes: ............. oh and thats just my opinion about drag racing in so cal im sorry if i piss anyone one off. im just venting a little :yes:

·
Registered
996 Posts
hope that really works out. i'll be moving to the high desert in the next couple years and would love another track to race at.

any idea if they are talking about a 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hope that really works out. i'll be moving to the high desert in the next couple years and would love another track to race at.

any idea if they are talking about a 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile?
no havent heard if its going to be 1/8 or 1/4 yet :no:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
wade you are right and i use to race over there tooo by farmer boys up until 3 or 4 years ago :yes: to much heat in that area ( ham & bacon ) :yes: ............. :yes:
I was there more than a few years ago. There was nothing out there at that time. We would start about a 1/4 mile back from the bridge that cross's the river. On Riverside Drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts