Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while working on my Nova today I notice some number that I had not seen before.
In the gutter of the trunk by the weather seal on the driver side up in the corner near the rear window there are 2 sets of number.
I will have to get my reading glasses out tomorrow to see what the whole number is. It starts of K11 8???.
Anyone know what these are ?

·
Banned
389 Posts
Panel numbers

I've seen these same numbers you refer to, on various sheetmetal components of the car. I'm not tottally sure but I believe they are some type of part number used by the stamping plant or Fisher Body, but not VIN number.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Panel numbers

If you've ever taken or stripped a body back to bare metal these various numbers appear on/ are stamped into just about all the sheetmetal pieces. I'm sure someone with Fisher Body knowledge could possibly answer how to decipher them, or what they meant originally. My guess would be thier production related piece number for that particular part.
Perhaps a few people that have these numbers readable can tell us what thiers are and we can compare to see if they are the same. I will make it a point to check mine on both quarters and post them.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My car has them on both sides. i would guess it's the part number for the quarter panels from Fisher. If I remember, I'll take a look, i know they're readible. I'll try and remember to post them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts