Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and I have been lurking for quite some time, but I thought I would share.

For all the third gen nova guys I finally found a company making steel dash inserts. The guy I talked to formally worked in NASCAR and finally had enough. They have 3 design options and I chose the stock controls and vent location.

The company is Performance Vehicle Works out of Cornelius, NC. The website is www.performancevehicleworks.com

Here are a few pics I took of mine!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Thats great but too late I made mine out of gelcoated firberglass. Looks identical. Good to see someone else making these. Thats all I have to say without bashing.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Same deal with the Covans. I was very dissapointed with the quality that it encoraged me to make a fiberglass version. The price didnt match the products quality. In other words I didnt feel I got what I paid for.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Looks great! I would love to see more products made out of real METAL instead of 1/16 in cheap plastic. Also, thanks for the link I'm going to have to check it out.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I put one of those in a few months ago. It is a nice piece. I used the 3-3/8 gauges and wished I'd used the 5 inch gauages. The smaller oil/volt/temp gauges look good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I want one. Thanks for finding that site. Im still debating on whether i want to keep my heater in the car or not. I like the look of the dash without vent and heater controls. i think that the 5 in speedo and tach would look awsome. At $475 bucks that price is kinda steep, only about $175 dollars more that the plastic one from classic industries with out the gauges. Maybe i might try my luck in making one out of metal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Extremely interesting. Has anyone purchased the 66/67 steel replacement dash? I was planning on buying the Covan's Thunder Road panel, but now I am unsure after seeing this.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Nice, they need to make em for the first gens now so I can toss this ill fitting Covans before I have to spend good time to try and make it work....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts