Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got A new toy to take some time and money from me yesterday :yes: going to make a car to take to the track . just try to throw it together on a budget :yes: have fun . It needs alot the more I look at it , but im not scared:no: Its a 1963 ss hard top . with a curry ford nine ' , disc up front , fenderwell headers. offset spring hangers , needs motor trans every piece of sheet metal :eek: so if any one has extra parts for a 63 pm me if your interested in selling some parts maybe we can work some thing out . I would list everything I need but It would be easyer to say everything :D but has no grill light bezals bumpers , needs fenders trunk lid .

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
got A new toy to take some time and money from me yesterday :yes: going to make a car to take to the track . just try to throw it together on a budget :yes: have fun . It needs alot the more I look at it , but im not scared:no: Its a 1963 ss hard top . with a curry ford nine ' , disc up front , fenderwell headers. offset spring hangers , needs motor trans every piece of sheet metal :eek: so if any one has extra parts for a 63 pm me if your interested in selling some parts maybe we can work some thing out . I would list everything I need but It would be easyer to say everything :D but has no grill light bezals bumpers , needs fenders trunk lid .
Hey Steve, post up some pics! I got some left over 66 parts, but I don't think they'll help you much.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
That is cool!! What are you going to do for motor / Trans?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is cool!! What are you going to do for motor / Trans?
Im not a 100% sure on the motor yet . a buddy of mine gave me a turbo 350 it needs a converter .The tranny has been laying around for years so we will see if its any good . the motor I was thinking about pulling the 388 out of my truck . but then that wouldnt run . just the way work is right now , I dont know which way to go . I just want to do some low budget drag racing and do some up grading later when I can afford to do so . the body is hammerd the more i look at it . but all that can be fixed with a little time . i will try to learn how to up load some pics . it took me 2 weeks to learn how to get register on the site so Im sure it will only take about 6 months to load some pics :D

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
So your thinking small block? So what kind of numbers you want to run? On a budget you got to go NOS! Gearing , subframe , tires and traction are your big issues. Cage if your going to go fast enough!!! We got Ryans t-350 if yours doesnt work!:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Im not a 100% sure on the motor yet . a buddy of mine gave me a turbo 350 it needs a converter .The tranny has been laying around for years so we will see if its any good . the motor I was thinking about pulling the 388 out of my truck . but then that wouldnt run . just the way work is right now , I dont know which way to go . I just want to do some low budget drag racing and do some up grading later when I can afford to do so . the body is hammerd the more i look at it . but all that can be fixed with a little time . i will try to learn how to up load some pics . it took me 2 weeks to learn how to get register on the site so Im sure it will only take about 6 months to load some pics :D
What is wrong with the truck?:(

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So your thinking small block? So what kind of numbers you want to run? On a budget you got to go NOS! Gearing , subframe , tires and traction are your big issues. Cage if your going to go fast enough!!! We got Ryans t-350 if yours doesnt work!:yes:
small block for sure , its got hooker super comp fenderwell headers. I would like to do some where in the mid 12s . to start then put a little nos unit on it . then when i can afford it put a cage in it :yes: I think it would be cool to make the best of both worlds and still be able to drive it on the street . And be able to take it to the track . the car allready has offset spring hangers with a m/t drag tire it should hook up . we will see talk to you soon dave :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is wrong with the truck?:(
nothing yet unless I pull the motor out being it has the biggest motor i own in it .:yes: but the i need to put something back in that . which that makes the most sence do to that should just be a cruiser anyways with a/c

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
nothing yet unless I pull the motor out being it has the biggest motor i own in it .:yes: but the i need to put something back in that . which that makes the most sence do to that should just be a cruiser anyways with a/c
My oldest son has a cruiser motor with ac you could get pretty cheap! He wrecked his truck and it just is sitting!!!!:(

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Ill come over and help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
93 or 94 chevy p-up. truck ran great! Its a throttle body motor so you could just convert to carb and distributor. He works nights so ill leave him a message. It has the 700r4 also and the computor is still all hooked up with the complete wiring harness. It might even start up!!!:eek: Ive allways thought of useing it for a project!

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Steve,

There is a guy here who is parting some 63 Novas, if interested I might be able to take a look at some items for you, take some pics, whatever. If interested in some smaller items, I can bring them out with me in June as long as they'll fit in the back of the minivan :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve,

There is a guy here who is parting some 63 Novas, if interested I might be able to take a look at some items for you, take some pics, whatever. If interested in some smaller items, I can bring them out with me in June as long as they'll fit in the back of the minivan :D
that would be great ! as long as its not a big inconvience to you . Vince is going to post some pics tomarrow for me . you will be able to see it needs everything . thanks for your time :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
It doesn't look all that bad, even if the pictures look like they were taken with a cell phone :D I've seen alot worse trust me....I'll inquire about the 63 parts...anything in particular? i.e. parts you'll need right away?

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
not nearly as bad as i was expecting there Steve.
that's a unique spot to mount the shifter though.
Its a drag trainer!! the co pilot does the shifting!!!:yes: Well its allready gutted so it should be light!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts