Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
If you decide that the rear antenna is also "not your style", please let me know.;) I've been looking for one.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Well , I like this 'Father / Son' deal . . . for sure.
Plus, - - for the son - - There is no better learning tool than a "Chevy Six Motor" . Think about it . . . depending how u'r 194 'runs now' ; you can find a better 250 engine and make it look like the 194 stocker (plus, be happier , with better power). 1st question is : does u'r 63 have power steering ? If that answer is NO - - - then, the 250 engine
Will DROP - IN . Don't even change the (front sump oil pan -- - - - - use the "Rear Sump Oil PAN" ) , and make it really simple. (only will work - without P/S) ( in a 1st gen car) .
I've been driving my Nova for a very long time with the stock 250 motor & p/g trans (like 18 yrs.) . That gives you $ $ $ for other parts , or gas money going to school .
Now the real secret to having fun with u'r Chevy Six . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . is too install a T 5 5speed tranny. My T 5 trans has made a hugh difference in the " FUN FACTOR " of my Nova , and one of the Smartest moves I've made in the 23 yrs I've owned this car ( I'm the second owner, too).
I like your Chevy II very much , and looks to be a clean one also. Have Fun & Learn A lot . . . . . . . just my 2cents . . . . . . . jim

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We will be keeping the rear antenna.

We have also decided to keep the 194.. The last owner had it rebuilt & it runs great. Swapped it to electronic ignition & gonna put a Webber 32/36 progressive 2bbl on after paint.

He got a Retrosound radio & a Rostra cruise control unit for Christmas.. so we will be putting those in after paint also, along with the 700r4 swap.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
going to be a fun ride with lots of shine. do you have a shifter for that 700r4 yet. if not i have a B & M pro stick shifter all set for the 4 speed tranny. i'd make a good deal to you on price.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We have also decided to keep the 194.. The last owner had it rebuilt & it runs great. Swapped it to electronic ignition & gonna put a Webber 32/36 progressive 2bbl on after paint.

Hi - - - - - look here for some info for using a "Weber 2bbl carb on a chevy six motor : " 2bbl carb , using on the stock manifold " .

But , with those "old photobucket - blurd-out pictures !

Still some good info about what they used.

FYI ; I went to the " Pertronix Ingition" up-grade using my stock small dist. (been running for 22 + years ) .

AND, I really like the 'Paint Job & color , very much . . . . good job . . . . . jim

·
Registered
260 Posts
WOW! love it!

was never much of a fan of the 1st gen four door, but am changing my opinion after seeing members work them over with fresh stance and rims.

again, great work.

-Rusty

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ran a carb off of a 318 on my 194 before I pulled it and sold everything for the engine swap. Really seemed to wake that little motor up.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts