Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, wanted to say hi and ask a question about a 1967 Acadian.
It's a car that belonged to my father in law that recently passed away and I'm trying to dig up some info on the car.
Unfortunately the car is 2000 kms away so not easy to access at the moment. I had my sister in law send me some pics including the VIN on his Ontario registration card but its 13 digits so I can't find anything of course.
Anyone have a suggestion as to where to go or look for info on this car?
Thanks for any help guys!

·
14,496 Posts
......1..... Welcome to Stevesnovasite. Give me your cowl tag and VIN numbers and I can decode them for you. You can also have the car documented from GM Canada records and get all the original build info. Link below to Vintage Services site with all the info. Well worth it.

Vintage Vehicle Services | Option Informatio

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
......1..... Welcome to Stevesnovasite. Give me your cowl tag and VIN numbers and I can decode them for you. You can also have the car documented from GM Canada records and get all the original build info. Link below to Vintage Services site with all the info. Well worth it.

Vintage Vehicle Services | Option Informatio

Bob

Thanks for the replies guys!
All I have right now is a pic of his registration card which shows the VIN listed as: 7153771102582
Unfortunately the car is 2000 kms away and I don't know if any of my family members near the car would know what a cowl tag is lol.
Thanks!

·
14,496 Posts
The VIN 7153771102582 decodes as follows:

7 = Acadian, 15 = Canso six cylinder, 37 = 2 door hardtop sports coupe, 7 = 1967, 1 = Oshawa, Ontario (build plant), 102582 = production sequence number. 535 Acadian Canso
six cylinder sport coupes were built in 1967. Paint, interior trim codes and some options are coded on the cowl tag (engine compartment firewall passenger side).

Bob

Reactions: Will123

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The VIN 7153771102582 decodes as follows:

7 = Acadian, 15 = Canso six cylinder, 37 = 2 door hardtop sports coupe, 7 = 1967, 1 = Oshawa, Ontario (build plant), 102582 = production sequence number. 535 Acadian Canso
six cylinder sport coupes were built in 1967. Paint, interior trim codes and some options are coded on the cowl tag (engine compartment firewall passenger side).

Bob

Thanks very much for the information. Sounds like a fairly rare car however it has been modified over the years for racing and certainly doesn't have the original 6 cyl anymore lol.
My Father in law was quite into drag racing. I wish I was closer to the car so I could inspect in person.
I only saw the car last summer and my father in law was battling cancer then so we didn't really talk cars much.
He has since passed away so my wife and I are considering purchasing the car to keep it family owned as it was quite important to him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts