Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'75 Nova LN 2-Door 350 5-speed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My Name is Lukas, Im 20 years old and own a '75 Nova LN Coupe which is W.I.P.
Some interesting things about my car: it has been converted to a 5-speed manual, plus SS instruments in the middle console and a 5.7 liter 350cui small block (crate engine) with a Edelbrock carburetor. It was originally sold in Canada, because of that it also has a rear Window Defogger.
The coupe has some bodywork to do, especially in the trunk (where Im currently working on) and the front frame needs to be swapped. Also its not running, but I save that work for later :p
I want to continue the path that the previous owners took and make it more pro-street like. A picture of my car is attached. The exhaust is one of the few things that will not make it back onto the car in the future.

Im looking forward to be part of this community!

With kind regards,

YoungNova75

Attachments

Reactions: 45Short

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Don't chuck those Supertrapps! I'll bet you can sell them if you don't want to use em.
Yeah, thats what I want to do. Sadly they are welded to a generic wide exhaust pipe, so one of the previous owners already killed the value I guess...

Welcome to the site Young Nova 75.. That is an unusual exhaust setup.. Are those Super Trap mufflers..?
Yep, those are original Super Trap Mufflers, the setup is not only unusual its also ugly as hell in my opinion. I wanna install the original exhaust again at first.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
welcome to the nova site, an enjoy a cruise in that nova when ever you can. wondering , how did you get the jeep up in the loft ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome to the nova site, an enjoy a cruise in that nova when ever you can. wondering , how did you get the jeep up in the loft ?
Its parked on a 4-post lift, plus there is no loft sadly, its just the 2nd floor of the barn. Camera angle is everything, haha

And thank you guys for all the welcome posts already!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,595 Posts
Welcome to SNS - - - Lukas , with your 75 LN .

So , I can 'relate' ................. my 73 (4dr , parts car) has a factory install = 'rear defroster unit' ..................
that I plan too install in my 69 Nova rear window . (I'm kinda looking for an inside "grille assembly" , for
the defroster . . . (or maybe . . . make , another one) .

Wood Rectangle Gas Font Composite material

........... again , Welcome .

. . . jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
an you building this nova in germany ?
Yeah, I grew up and live in Germany. Got the car from my dad, who has other Us Cars too. Was just a dust catcher like some other cars he owns, so I asked if I could work on it and he gifted it to me as my first project Car. Im into Us-Cars since childhood, because of him! Luckily we are good with parts, because he bought a lot from a friend a few years ago. A thing I dont have is an SS Grille, will probably buy a repro one, as the project comes to an end.

Welcome to SNS - - - Lukas , with your 75 LN .

So , I can 'relate' ................. my 73 (4dr , parts car) has a factory install = 'rear defroster unit' ..................
that I plan too install in my 69 Nova rear window . (I'm kinda looking for an inside "grille assembly" , for
the defroster . . . (or maybe . . . make , another one) .
I got lucky, mine is still in good condition, but it will make its way back into the car. I have some spare parts , but I havent looked through them all. I will keep an eye out for a second one!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Lukas. Man to be 20 years old, only in my memories. Glad you joined and share your progress with pictures as you do you "first project". Good Luck.
Thank you, I`ll do the best I can. Currently prepping the windows so they take no harm, when I start welding and working inside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Guys long time no see!

I just looked back here and I was shocked, that I started this thread 9 Months ago ... Warning: Picture heavy post! ;)

I was working on my project more or less frequently, University started and I got my first "side-job".

Nonetheless I wanted to share my progress and some details from the inside, which you guys haven´t seen yet.

Here are some old photos of the car, from the day where my Dad bought it. I found them a few months ago.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

A small picture from the inside (before tearing everything apart to start the war against the good ol rust) , tiltable steering column is a big plus for me. Custom Tach, that looks quite ugly (not my taste at least xd). Later on I have to think about what I want to do with the middle console, probably deleting it, the "extra gauges" too. Because I was thinking about installing a Dakota Digital Tach, if someone has experience with them please share! I hope the conversion gets allowed by German Tuv, because there is a regulation that states: "Only cars with upgrades that were possible during the era of the car (which means +- 10 years of production) are allowed to get a historical vehicle license plate."
So I need to find out when Dakota Digital started producing their stuff, I believe it was something around 1986, again if someone has knowledge about that please share!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

What a beautiful custom tach, isn´t it? 🙃
Light Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Vehicle Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

So that was some work and took some time to figure out which tools work best , but I got it done. Sadly a "few" holes showed up, the big marked part on the upper left is already out and I got myself new fuel tank braces, to repair the stuff thats going on underneath.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Sooo this is the current state, made some room to work at the floor panels. Me and my Dad worked on it a few evenings to remove the undercoating as good as we can (still not 100% done), so my Dad can start welding the trunk panel.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive exterior

As you can see there is still a lot of work to do. Just a short list for you: -welding floorpanels, -"de-rust" floor panels+ everything that has to do with it and cover it with rust converter and undercoating,
after that: - change the front frame, this installed one is bent, because the previous owner crashed it (restore the spare one + mount the engine), then work on the inside etc. Small detailed steps I know, but you can probably see, it doesn´t stop there. I can just thank my Dad that he is supporting me and made me able to work on such a nice car. I know this project isn´t nearly finished, but I also don´t pressure myself to get it done quick.

I really like to think about what I still want to do with this car. As I mentioned in my original post I want to build it more pro-street like and that idea solidfied in my mind. Thinking about a roll-cage and stripping the interior, not sure if I want to do only 1 or 2 seats. My Dad supports this too, which is nice. :)

So that was my at least a foot long message, to update you guys. Really looking forward to your thoughts and comments. Again if somebody has experience with Dakota Digital, let me know!

Greetings from Germany,

Young Nova 75

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Nova 350/350
271 Posts
A small picture from the inside (before tearing everything apart to start the war against the good ol rust) , tiltable steering column is a big plus for me. Custom Tach, that looks quite ugly (not my taste at least xd). Later on I have to think about what I want to do with the middle console, probably deleting it, the "extra gauges" too. Because I was thinking about installing a Dakota Digital Tach, if someone has experience with them please share! I hope the conversion gets allowed by German Tuv, because there is a regulation that states: "Only cars with upgrades that were possible during the era of the car (which means +- 10 years of production) are allowed to get a historical vehicle license plate."
So I need to find out when Dakota Digital started producing their stuff, I believe it was something around 1986, again if someone has knowledge about that please share!
Woah, those are some strict rules! How close of attention do they pay? How is the possible vintage of everything proven/challenged?
In most of the US, the individual states don’t care about older cars much. Pretty much anything goes. The few rules that pertain, aside from the most obvious like seat belts(if factory and such) are overlooked or ignored by enthusiasts and the law. Unless you are driving like an “a”hole.
What happens if you don’t have the classic plates?
I didn’t see you mention what 5 speed was in there. Did I miss that?
It’s cool to see a Nova from across the seas! Keep up the good work!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts