Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I own a 1970 Nova SS 350 which my father and I have been working on getting restored, slowly, over the last 1.5 years. It is getting close...I'd say it is probably going to be 85% done by the end of June. At that point, I will need to do some minor interior work and purchase a few more items before it goes into the body shop for paint.

The car is Astro Blue Poly with a Classic White roof. It is a real Super Sport, not a tribute/clone. No a/c. Automatic transmission, bench seat. Matching numbers.

My father bought the car back around 1999 after selling off his 1970 Chevelle SS 396, as a less expensive "toy" to drive. The car deteriorated, though, after being parked outdoors for years. I moved it to indoor dry storage, and then we started with having it taken apart and all of the rust cut out and removed.

I am a fan of maintaining originality. I am looking forward to browsing the forum and to use it to ask questions about the Nova when I can't figure out what the correct parts are supposed to be on this car to keep it looking OEM.

Thanks!

Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,497 Posts
Welcome to the site!
You have a very nice looking Nova. Please keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
493 Posts
Welcome! Nice Nova! But i may be partial to the 70 SS 350 auto. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome to the site from Stow, MA. I love the 70 SS and wish you nothing but best for your ride. Do you plan to show it off? Can't wait to see more pics

Charlie

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Hi Chad from Massachusetts ...

:welcome: to the Best Nova Place ......

from Chino Valley, Arizona ....

Northern Arizona , area ...... jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts