Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I own a 1970 Nova SS 350 which my father and I have been working on getting restored, slowly, over the last 1.5 years. It is getting close...I'd say it is probably going to be 85% done by the end of June. At that point, I will need to do some minor interior work and purchase a few more items before it goes into the body shop for paint.

The car is Astro Blue Poly with a Classic White roof. It is a real Super Sport, not a tribute/clone. No a/c. Automatic transmission, bench seat. Matching numbers.

My father bought the car back around 1999 after selling off his 1970 Chevelle SS 396, as a less expensive "toy" to drive. The car deteriorated, though, after being parked outdoors for years. I moved it to indoor dry storage, and then we started with having it taken apart and all of the rust cut out and removed.

I am a fan of maintaining originality. I am looking forward to browsing the forum and to use it to ask questions about the Nova when I can't figure out what the correct parts are supposed to be on this car to keep it looking OEM.

Thanks!

Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,901 Posts
Welcome to the site!
You have a very nice looking Nova. Please keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
623 Posts
Welcome! Nice Nova! But i may be partial to the 70 SS 350 auto. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome to the site from Stow, MA. I love the 70 SS and wish you nothing but best for your ride. Do you plan to show it off? Can't wait to see more pics

Charlie

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,241 Posts
Hi Chad from Massachusetts ...

:welcome: to the Best Nova Place ......

from Chino Valley, Arizona ....

Northern Arizona , area ...... jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My brother-in-law is painting my car. It is nearly finished. I went with the original two-tone colors from the plate on the firewall: Classic White roof and Astro Blue lower half. Obviously, all of the emblems, hood vents, et cetera were removed for painting and have to go back on. He painted the chrome fender louvers properly, per factory specs. I have been very careful to do everything right, as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,131 Posts
Looking good! My 1968 came with similar colors but they were called Grotto Blue and Ermine White. Here is my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts