Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this community. I just wanted to tell you guys a little story about my 1976 Nova Concours. My father bought this car a couple of years ago. He had no idea what he was in for when he realized that the motor needed to be rebuilt. After two years, he pulled the engine out and went through a clean 305 build and bought a new transmission(better than the stock tranny). Lovely enough, he bought a rebuilt transmission from advanced auto just to find out that the inside was completely destroyed. He had been instantly refused a refund and was stuck with a paper weight of a tranny and had to buy another. After the second attempt, he manage to get the whole car back together and running. Just a couple of short months later, my father fell ill COVID-19. He was only 51 with no major health issues but did not survive and passed away in mid April. I am now the current owner of his 76 Nova Concours. I now have the responsibility of finishing the project he started and putting it on the road. I'm a fairly younge driver and who is trying to start college courses in auto collision and repair. I may not know much about cars yet, but I have every desire to finish my father's project. He was a mechanic and a car lover and he always wanted a classic of his own. Me and my father connected through old classic cars, and we tried restorations in the past that never got completed. This car was his last project. I am here and apart of the community hoping to receive the help I'll need to tackle this project.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Welcome to the site..! I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your father to COVID-19.. Unfortunately, we share this loss in common as my mother contracted the virus and passed in April as well.. I know there are others members here who have been affected by this disease besides myself.. I’m sure you will find the help you will need to finish your fathers project and take your college courses.. Hang in there and see it through. Life is a long game and we are all Nova people here.. Welcome to the family..

NPHNP = Nova People Helping Nova People

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! I am new to this community. I just wanted to tell you guys a little story about my 1976 Nova Concours. My father bought this car a couple of years ago. He had no idea what he was in for when he realized that the motor needed to be rebuilt. After two years, he pulled the engine out and went through a clean 305 build and bought a new transmission(better than the stock tranny). Lovely enough, he bought a rebuilt transmission from advanced auto just to find out that the inside was completely destroyed. He had been instantly refused a refund and was stuck with a paper weight of a tranny and had to buy another. After the second attempt, he manage to get the whole car back together and running. Just a couple of short months later, my father fell ill COVID-19. He was only 51 with no major health issues but did not survive and passed away in mid April. I am now the current owner of his 76 Nova Concours. I now have the responsibility of finishing the project he started and putting it on the road. I'm a fairly younge driver and who is trying to start college courses in auto collision and repair. I may not know much about cars yet, but I have every desire to finish my father's project. He was a mechanic and a car lover and he always wanted a classic of his own. Me and my father connected through old classic cars, and we tried restorations in the past that never got completed. This car was his last project. I am here and apart of the community hoping to receive the help I'll need to tackle this project.
I really appreciate it, and sorry to here about your mother, this virus it's just the worse nightmare in disguise. I'm definitely going to need to help. I keep ending up with more questions then answers with this car.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your loss.
If you need help with your project, just ask away... lots of experience on this site.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
WELCOME to SNS , and with your 76 Nova .

very sorry for your loss . . . . . . . (and, it may not be over , yet ) .

But . . . . . .
you have two very great things with you ;
1st - you found "the Nova Place" , with all these Great People . . . .
2nd - you can keep your Dads (now yours) 76 Nova = and have a small Part with you every day .

(I lost my Dad , back in the mid-70's . . . . . . . but, I still have My Dads last P/U truck - a
53 International 1/2 ton , that I can look out my window , and still see My Dad , to this day ) .
This IH truck was my DD for many years , and so far , I owned it for over 44 years (or so) .

again , Welcome to SNS ………….

jim - from Northern Arizona .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts