Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Steve Osborn and I live in the Florida panhandle (Niceville). I just picked up a '72 Nova for my wife. We got a pretty good deal on it up in Atlanta. It's a nice 20 footer (for now). Interior is in really good shape. Floor pans and trunk are solid. So far I've replaced all the of window felt and scrapers, weatherstripping, rear axle bearings and brakes, and other minor parts. I've also ordered a front disk brake kit and complete front end rebuild kit. Immediate future plans are to yank the engine (350) and tranny (350) to replace gaskets and clean them up. The turbo 350 is being replaced by a 200-4R. Sorry to be so long winded. Here are a couple of pictures.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Your allowed to be long winded with pics!LOL!!:rolleyes::D

Welcome to the site, nice car too!:yes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice ride and welcome - always liked the silver and black vinyl roof combo! I live near Orlando now, but was stationed at Eglin AFB for 4 years ('67-'71). Are the Boggy Bayou Mullets still running?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Car is looking good. Welcome to the club, a lot of great people here. I am sure your wife will get many smiles per mile with that!

Tiny

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NovaSSman,

Every year! I don't know how it used to be, but the Mullet Festival is really just a rip-off carnival now days. You can get some good food, but you'll pay dearly for it. The kids like it though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it's not a stock color. It was originally green. I really like the color too. I'd like to keep it that color when we paint it (next year some time).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly Novajay. It only gets driven on weekends and we both drive it. By calling it hers, I basically get an open checkbook to do whatever I want to it. So yeah, it's "hers". :shhh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts