Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have taken on the responsability of helping my girlfriend get her high school Nova back in shape. Its been sitting outside in her parents field for over 10 years with the back window knocked out. Its pretty rough but I am up for the challenge. It is a 1972 2 door with just over 80K original miles, It has the original 350 with 2 barrel carb, automatic on the column. It was built at the California plant.

She wants to keep the original white exterior and blue interior colors but wants to clone it to an SS car. I really need some pointers on the difference between the SS and standard trim. I am looking around locally for bucket seats and center console parts but the budget is super tight.

This will be a long slow process, we do not have a shop built yet and will not until my house is sold and we get a few other bills paid. We will be doing everything we can that does not cost us much money for a while.

Please enjoy the pics and progress, and please give me some input on what to keep an eye out for...

Thanks

Steven

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that I am not completely new to the Nova. I have owned a 1968 and 1969 Model. Here is a pic of my 1969 that I owned back in the early 90's. I only had to do the mechanical repairs, bodywork will be new to me.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Welcome. Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Do 1 thing at a time and you will be surprised what you can accomplish. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thaks for the warm welcome everyone. Now its time to start asking questions...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice Project

Hey from Perry! Where at in Oklahoma? If you want answers you have found the place. Everyone here has been more than helpful on my build. I hope you have as much fun as I have restoring my car.

Thanks and talk to you later!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are in Bridge Creek, just south of Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, checked out your build. I may need some help with welding...LOL I have floor pans and the rear window to trunk panel that I know will need replaced.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not a problem. The floor pans werent all that bad, just time consuming. The rear window deck is a breeze. Hows the rust under the trim on the windows. Mine was pretty bad.lol. Now thats its done though, it wasnt that bad either. Pm me when ur ready and ill do what i can to help ya on that. Take care.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS
GOOD LUCK ON THE BUILD, KEEPUS POSTED ON THE PROGRESS!
, :waving:

:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts