Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 1963 convertible (not an SS) that was a WI car - during it's normal life - and a MN car as a collector.

It is REALLY rusted out underneath...so, if anyone has information on how to fix the sagging unibody, I'm all ears! Years ago, someone welded steel tubing in the area where clam shells were (now totally gone). I think it helped. The body was quickly repaired for my wedding 17 years ago. And it sat for about 17 years - now it's time to support the body and bring it back to life!

I can't seem to view pictures on this site - not sure what the photobucket issue is. I'll have to check the FAQ's.
Jeff

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Welcome Jeff. Rust underneath is a major problem on a convertible. It can be repaired but takes lots of time, equipment and money. It's not something a novice can do in his back yard.

Most of the metal required to repair is available. There are post with major repair on a convertible on this site. Check them out and you can see whats involved in repairing one.

Good luck if you decide to repair.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Hi Jeff,

It was very nice to speak with you again last week!

Send a PM to 'Hotrod1952' as he is bringing a Convertible back to life too; he is the one I was telling you about. You could search the threads he has posted to see some of the work he has done.

Welcome to the Site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the community! I'm new here myself. I have the same rust problem with a Chevy II. I was fortunate enough to locate the body shell of a parts car, complete with undercarriage. I'm hoping the necessary panels and rails can be cut out and moved over to my vehicle. If you could find a donor car, perhaps you could do the same. Best of luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts