Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Love the site. I just purchased my first Nova and should have it delivered in about a week. It is a 1968, not sure if it is a true SS (doubtful). It currently has a 396 with an M22 4 speed, 12 bolt posi, and bucket seats. This will be the longest week of my life waiting for it.

Here's a pic (hope I posted it correctly).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great looking car! I bought a 68 last week on Monday and had to wait till Thursday to pick it up. As you said, it was a looooonnnngggg week. Mine is hoping to be a bbc, stick car with a 12 bolt as yours is when it's done.:)

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi

Hi,
And congrats guys. Two more '68's. I don't know where all these '68's are coming from lately. Within the last year I have seen a bunch of guys getting hold of '68's. They used to be kinda hard to find, even harder to restore because of the parts problems.
Great looking car, I had a '70 SS with the same red/black vinyl roof and I always thought it was the best looking car I ever had. Good luck with it,
Ken

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I've always loved the Nova's, and I'm so excited to finally get one. There are a lot of great Nova's on this site. Once I get the car I will have to take more pics.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the car on Friday. Love it! The engine looks to be from a 66 Chevelle 396 L35 code (325hp). Carb is a 600cfm Carter AFB comp series, and the tranny is not an M22. Haven't pulled the valve covers yet but the heads are probably also from the L35. I pulled up the carpet and was happy to see no rust and original looking floors. The steering is pretty loose and same for the shifter (1st and rev are darn close) but all is forgiven once you give it some gas and hear it come to life. I'm sure I'll have questions as I get further down the road.

I posted a vid of it idling in the driveway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeQvQ6qQVaI

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome to the site - great bunch of guys around here. I'm in Waterbury, maybe we'll bump into one another at a cruise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice Ride

That is a nice ride Welcome to the site there is always great info to be found here and very knowledegable people too! I live in Middletown where town do you live in?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys. I live in Simsbury. I'm hoping to make it to one of the Monday night cruises in East Granby coming up (Marks Classic Cruise). Still have temp plates but will get real ones later this week. I'm starting to notice a lot of little things on the car that look like they might need some TLC, but overall I'm thrilled with the new toy. Thankfully no rusty surprises yet though. There is a small oil leak but not too bad.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words, and I hope to see you guys out on the road! :)

Chris

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Hi Chris,
Nice....................

I was born in Waterbury. Won't tell you when but I bought this when it was 3 years new.

Was Blue with a crinkled fender. Had to fix and paint anyway, so..... trick was in back then. It was a 396/325 with a Automatic on the tree and a vbench seat. Can't believe I found a bunch of Polaroids.

Now I have a 65.

Good luck with the new ride. Like I said

NICE......

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice ride & welcome to SNS. I'm up in Ct. once or twice a month so perhaps we'll bump into ea. other at a show. I'll keep an eye out for ya :turn:.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Awesome 68! I love the look of a black top on these old cars. It really sets them off with the two tone look. A BBC and a stick; what else could be more fun?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again. Love the old pic KDee. I just moved back to CT from the Boston area and am glad to be back again. Not enough fresh air in the city for me.

I finally removed the valve covers and found the heads to be from a 1974 454. A previous owner put some nice effort into the exhaust system on the car. Here's a pic showing the cut-outs and h-pipe.

See you guys out on the road. :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Thanks again. Love the old pic KDee. I just moved back to CT from the Boston area and am glad to be back again. Not enough fresh air in the city for me.

I finally removed the valve covers and found the heads to be from a 1974 454. A previous owner put some nice effort into the exhaust system on the car. Here's a pic showing the cut-outs and h-pipe.

See you guys out on the road. :yes:

Chris
Looks good underneath too Chris. Sometimes I'd like to move back, but, then I notice the dusty, rusty snow shovels in the basement and the urge goes away.
Recently talked to my brother-in-law who's in Waterbury. He said the long snowy winter has been followed by a long wet spring and summer. He said the bugs are bad too. He was'nt too happy about the bugs. He just repaint his 69 Chevelle and overnight a swarm of gnats or something got into the garage overnight. Said he doubts the wings will buff out.
Again, enjoy the new ride man...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts