Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've lurked the site for awhile, but decided to become a member. I don't own a Nova (one day I want to own a 66' chevy II) but I do have a 67' Chevy Biscayne (Impala lol) 4-dr sedan that I am currently working on. I saw the 307 build up and decided to join as I am doing something very similar with my car. I look forward to talking with you folks and sharing stories/info. Here are a few pics of my car, it currently has a 307/3-spd manual setup with 3.08 rear gears and painted Capri Cream. Previous owner changed it to floor shift from 3-on-the-tree. Since purchasing it I have mounted a CD player where the ash tray used to be, made a gauge pod where the original radio was to house Sunpro oil pressure/water temp/volt gauges (went with sunpro to try and keep the gauges looking close to factory as possible as my factory gauges are in perfect shape), added a sunpro mini-tach on the steering column where the shifter used to be, painted the dash, got new front/rear seats reupholstered black, added Impala aluminum dash trim, put some 15x6/15x10 Rally wheels on it with 295/50-15's out back and painted the taillight area flat black to make them stand out more. I still have alot of work to finish up but it will get there soon :) Here are a few pics of my baby, the "Biscuit", forgive the interior, it's a mess right now as I have everything torn apart to refinish/replace, and the cheapy chrome steering wheel will be gone later, just needed something smaller and the horn setup was screwed up in the stocker.

When I first picked her up:

New Seats with interior out

New dash setup

Wheels/Taillights (need to get the center caps)

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Nice lookin ride. Yea, that 307 build has caught my eye too. I planned on just doing a basic rebuild but after seeing what Evan is doing im definatly considering going that route.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. My plans are real similar to what he's doing. I will be using the 416 heads too but with the 1.94 valves and some mild port work. I have a stock aluminum quadrajet intake I'm going to mess with and slap a q-jet on it. I'm also thinking of running the X4262H cam from comp. I'm going to be cruising the car mostly and towing with it, so I want alot of torque (well for what a 307 can put out lol) and for it to hold through the rpm band. I figure this would be my best bet as it's ground for 4x4 applications that look for the same thing. Now with some desktop dyno simulations ( :rolleyes: ) I was getting around 333/369 with a set of ported 416's with 1.94 intake valves, dual plane std flow manifold, 750cfm induction flow, 9.6:1 compression, small tube headers with mufflers and that x4262h camshaft. It also produced at LEAST 345 ft/lbs from 2000rpm (345) until 5000rpm (347). This is right about where I would love to be. I think it would make for a great cruiser engine and still be able to pull a trailer when need be, and wouldn't be a slouch at the strip either :devil:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I'm married!! haha just joshin with ya, thank you very much!! My wife wants me to paint it black, I'm thinking 2-tone black-cream, maybe black-sunset orange, or another idea was black with the "real flames" paint on the front. Someone did a photoshop of it 2-tone with a grey on top

this one had a hockey stripe (not digging it) and he dropped it and put the smooth center caps on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts