Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s not quite completed yet, but extremely close. It’s originally a ‘63 Chevy II 400. It’s been mini-tubed, 295 rear street tire, 9” rear with 3.89 gears, QA1 DA coil overs front & back, 4-link, front & rear disc brakes. Body, paint & interior have all been redone. Transmission is a PerformaBuilt 4L60 with FTI billet 9.5” 3000 stall converter. Engine is a 10.8:1 383 with AFR 195 CNC (street version) heads, performer RPM intake, 241/247 @ .050, .583”, 112LSA hyd roller cam. What has tied us up a bit on getting it finished is we went with a Holley Super Stealth Sniper EFI system. Nearly everything is done, just finishing up some of the minor details. Should see around 500hp realistically l, could be a bit more, shouldn’t be less. This will soon become our “hot” street cruiser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site..! That’s a very nice lookin 63..! Kind of a sleeper look.. Too cool..!

That’s been kind of the goal with it. Even the rally wheels were ordered with a backspacing that wouldn’t clue anyone in on how wide the rear tires are. The exhaust is also an H-pipe with mild mufflers as to not let on how much cam it has.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very cool car, nice build! Cool to have a gear head woman.

Thank you, after years of her supporting me owing hotrods, she finally said “where’s mine?”. She got no argument out of me. Her favorite has always been the ‘66-67 Chevy II. I just couldn’t find one of those in the shape I wanted for the price I wanted. Then all of a sudden this ‘63 just kind of fell in my lap for a killer deal. We’ve been doing a ton of work to it over the past year to make it what she (we 😂) wanted. Hopefully we’ll have it fired up in the next week or so. That would still give us a couple months of cruising around before winter hits.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thank you, after years of her supporting me owing hotrods, she finally said “where’s mine?”. She got no argument out of me. Her favorite has always been the ‘66-67 Chevy II. I just couldn’t find one of those in the shape I wanted for the price I wanted. Then all of a sudden this ‘63 just kind of fell in my lap for a killer deal. We’ve been doing a ton of work to it over the past year to make it what she (we 😂) wanted. Hopefully we’ll have it fired up in the next week or so. That would still give us a couple months of cruising around before winter hits.
You're a smooth operator my man!

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
2,514 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Great looking 63 with a very healthy build.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts