Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Found this site while doing some digging looking into the possibility of putting a 5.3L truck motor in my 67 Acadian. Now I found the LSX forum and it looks like Christmas came early this year!!:D
A little about me. This is my second 67 Acadian my father and I are building. I am in my 40's and the first one was actually my first car when I was in high school. The best part is I still have that car and it is now completely restored. This second one was in Canada as a drag racer had a hack job of tubing the rear. All of what will be replaced along with new door skins,quarters,front fenders.
Thats enough for now I need to get back to all the info in the LSX forum.
Thanks guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Hope that you can share some Photo(s) with US :D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Welcome, where in Wisconsin...I have relatives around Arcadia.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome fellow cheesehead:yes:
I have a 63 Wagon I am in the process of restoring as well. Where do you reside in Sconnie?
Good luck on the projects:D

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
:yes: Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in Wausaukee, its about one hour straight north of Green Bay.
I am working on pictures, most are on my old computer that the hard drive crashed. Yes I know you should back up your hard drive. But will take new ones.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE TO BE HAD HERE, PICK UP SOME AND LEAVE SOME!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US! :thumbsup:
:pics:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a picture of the completed car. It was actually my first car. My father and I went to a car show when I was 15 and when we found a 1967 nova for sale he said what about that for a first car? Sure, I said it looked great.:yes: He said good then when we get home go into the cow pasture and get the one there and we will restore it.... The top of the front fenders had rusted so bad the fenders leaned out and looked like airplane wings. But after some new fenders and a couple rebuilds it turned out pretty nice and except for the machine work on the engine my father and I did all the work, that's the best part!!!

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24432&stc=1&d=1359000273

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The second Acadian is a work in progress. We have installed new fenders, door skins, and quarter panels, rebuilt the dash, reworked the wheel tubs, and installed a new front stub so far. Now I am in the planning stages for a 5.3l motor and what to do for a transmission.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts