Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.....................I'm new to your forum, and just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking around here for a while, and felt it time to join. I have many questions to ask, and this seems like the perfect place to do it. Hope to make many new friends here.

I ordered my Nova new in 1971, but I have to admit, I never thought I'd still have it today. I missed the '70 order deadline, but that might have been a stroke of luck for me. '71 was the first model year that GM introduced the low lead motors, so there was no need to rework heads or use a lead substitute. But (sigh) a big block would have been nice.

I still love the Burnt Orange; there's just not that many of them around. When I figure out how to post a pic, I'll share one. Frank

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm located in Kenosha. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Nova.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
pics

I've got some pictures in my garage. Still working on getting one in this thread. I'm trying to get around Photobucket. Thanks for the welcomes. F

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
member intro.

Hi and Welcome Frank,sounds like quite a piece you ordered way back in the day. good to hear from you. skinnydude

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Hello Frank, Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! Glad to have you here!! WOW, you have a Nova from 71 that your the only owner of, that's very cool!! Enjoy the site!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Welcome, Any & everything you want to know is on here, ALL you need to do is Ask Thanks for sharing your store , I thought I have had my Blue 65car a long time bought her in 1977

, Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hello ! Im in your neck of the woods also in Trevor wi. All of us S.E wisconsin guys should get together sometime next year.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello ! Im in your neck of the woods also in Trevor wi. All of us S.E wisconsin guys should get together sometime next year.
You are pretty close; I'm in Wind Lake. Maybe we could start our own chapter and call it the S.E. WI group? Or however it works. Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes. F

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS FRANK , :waving:

:pics::pics::pics:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
How could we get that done? Do you know enough members from here to get a group together? Maybe we could informally organize; include S. E. WI, and maybe even include N. E. Ill.

I just met another Nova owner, who might sign up here, and would be interested in meeting someplace with our cars.

There is a drive in in East Troy called Gus's that have cruise nights every Sat night all summer long. That might be a central enough place to try for a first get together if there is any interest. We have until next year to work out the details. How about it bald1? Frank

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the site! I'm located in Kenosha. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Nova.
How about loading some pics in your garage? Frank

·
Registered
810 Posts
That sounds good to me maybe we could get a group of us together and start a mini chapter! I can pm your my number if you want and maybe we can get a list of people who want to be involved?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds good to me maybe we could get a group of us together and start a mini chapter! I can pm your my number if you want and maybe we can get a list of people who want to be involved?
:thumbsup:Hey, I'm the new guy here! I don't know anybody, and if you know anybody, you know more than I do.

I'm interested in joining a group locally, so put me on the list after you! We have all winter to get something organized for next spring. You can reach me here, or I can make my e-mail address available. Thanks. Frank :D

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pictures

The first picture is from August 1, 1971. The car is in much better shape than we are!

The others were taken this summer after it was taken out of storage.

She's a "plain jane", but a beauty nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts