Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is Mathew. Im a 26 year old father of a little 8 month old girl and although I am currently not married it will probably be pretty soon. I have been into cars and building things all my life, there is nothing better than looking at something and saying "I built that". I have had alot of projects over the last 10 years but my most current one is a 1974 chevy nova. It was an Inline six auto tranny with some factory upgrades like power disc brakes and had an aftermarket A/C unit installed. It was sitting across from my dads house when he moved there in 2000 and I just kept asking for him to sell it to me till he finally gave in last year. Here is pic of when I picked it up and I will do build thread of my progress so far. thanks for looking

·
Registered
754 Posts
WELCOME . YOU WILL LIKE IT HERE AT STEVES. IS YOUR LITTLE GIRL GOING TO BE A LITTLE CAR RESTORER? :chev::thumbsup::)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, looks like you have a great starter car with some good options too!:yes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone and yeah I hope my little girl gets into cars but I dont think the mom would be to happy about it...lol

·
Registered
996 Posts
welcome to the site, my dad lives just over an hour east of you in yerington.
i've been to carson city a few times, fun little city.

congrats on the daughter, mine is 15months old right now.
i hope ours is into cars also, her mom is almost as much as i am. so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put some 2 inch lowering springs in the front and after I get the car back together I will see what to do with the back.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
You have been busy,she is looking really good.You should try to make the trip down to Pleasanton for the Mini Nats to show her off this year.I have not been to Carson City for years,the last time was for the Carson Valley Qualifier motor cycle race that left from behind the Carson Valley Inn.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Hey Matt welcome, you'll find all kinds of info for Acadians/ChevyIIs/Novas useful & from cool people! Enjoy the site !!!
Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome:TO SNS:yes:HAVE FUN:thumbsup::beer1:AND GOOD LUCK:prost::devil:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took her down the street today has alot more power than the 327 I took out. Picked up some wheels two weeks ago and I need to polish them up. Still got alot more to do but at least it looks like a car again.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Wow Mathews!! very very nice job!!!:yes: i love it the colour! and wow! nice engine!! congrats; sure in this summer you can enjoy in the streets! good luck friend.:)
Martin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts