Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm a new member to the site from South Texas. In high school (mid 80's), I had a 1966 Nova 2 door hardtop. 283 with 3 speed. My older brother had a 1963 2 door sedan in which we installed a 327 and 4 speed.
While we no longer have either of those vehicles, my brother still has in storage a 1964 Nova SS; 6 cylinder 3 speed. It has been parked for approximately 38 years inside a shop here in Texas. He stored it after college before heading off as an officer in the Navy. He is now retired and lives on the East coast.
My brother has no definite plans for the car at this point. Neither of us foresee having time in the near future to work on it. I will probably post some details on the 64 SS in the "what's it worth" section.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,056 Posts
cool info . . . . . . and ,

WELCOME to SNS , glad to have you here .

( . . . and , just where in South Texas . . . . ? . . . ) .

jim

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,759 Posts
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable members that can help you determine vehicle worth. Detailed info and photos of the car will be the most beneficial.
Too bad you... or your brother can't keep the 64 Chevy II in the family.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Welcome to the site!

And we love pictures here...Lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
welcome from Michigan, been Texas many times, some of larger swap meets, as I have a brother in Dallas area, use buy alot of parts from late Joe Tucker, "nova Joe" not much left seems down there so you might have a gem in the rough, good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Recently found this site. I don’t want to give the impression that only I’m fishing for a value. May decide to keep it in the family. Looking forward to other discussion and opinions as well.
Growing up, we were Chevy fans. We stuck with the lower priced models. Besides the previously mentioned 63 and 66 Novas, other cars we had include 66 Chevelle 2-door hardtop, 66 Corvair 2-door, and 66 C-10 pickup short bed fleet side.
Stopped by Dad’s workshop on the way home today. The 64 SS is surrounded by lots of stuff. The last drive was in 1983 from College Station about 3 hours away. We made an attempt to prepare it for short term storage by draining fuel tank, coolant, squirted oil in cylinders, etc. Some trim was removed for storage as well. Of course now, any benefit from these activities has long passed. Car is all original. When parked, interior was great, body very good, straight, no repairs, no rust holes, paint faded. Covered with dirt now. Snapped a few pics.
CB7D4A9A-9019-403E-9D54-40480DB429F9.jpeg
26DBD3EE-222D-476C-8DCB-6E86B542C78D.jpeg
6F0DBD58-CAD2-4EBE-A9B6-7DD0BEDBB1E3.jpeg
065B75D8-A8DA-4E74-91A9-2917978C8B71.jpeg
A03123A3-B49C-45BC-9FAB-5A61C64AD7F3.jpeg
D27B252D-C759-43AF-A10A-D4E029455471.jpeg
E09A33A7-B7FE-4FB7-A1B3-911B86F454CC.jpeg
858DADEC-4A31-423D-9B1D-73A1F3BD06BA.jpeg

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
" Time Machine " . . . . . . . for sure .

jim

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don’t want to give the impression that only I’m fishing for a value.
There is nothing wrong with coming to this site to get opinions on the value, even if that's what you were doing
your car would need some work, but you do have something well worth putting some effort into

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
678 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have new members. The 63 definitely has potential. Would make a fine looking enjoyable cruiser.

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your story and pictures. You may have to drag it outside and wash it off to get a better idea of " what its worth". If you can show the underside it would be even better. members here will give you their honest opinion of value so you can decide what to do. if you decide to keep it and put her back on the road there will be lots of help here for that as well.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
my 2cents worth ..............................

I find myself , saying (alot) .................... man , I wish I had that car - back
(2 each 55 Chevy ; 69 Roadrunner ; 57 Nomad ; 58 (348 / 4bbl) Nomad (4dr) ;
67 FireBird 'Sprint - OHC' , factory 4bbl , 4 speed ; ...... a 74 Nova SOA ;
a 69 Nova SS (junk)....................... 63 Falcon convert - Sprint . )

just something too think about . . . . plus - - being a "Family" car . . . . . . . 'History' .

. . . . . I'm just saying , Think about it . . . . jim

Reactions: burty

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Welcome to the site and what a relic ready for restoration. Is that caliche dust all over the car? (kidding) I lived in South Texas during my formative years. My family worked on the King Ranch in the early 1900's. I have a 63 SS.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome to the site.. I like the blue on blue color scheme.. I’ve had a couple 63’s and a 64 that were the same or similar color combination originally but weren’t original by the time I got them..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts