Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I actually heard about this site several years ago - I was working at Flex-a-lite Consolidated at the time (mfr. of electric fans & radiators) and Flex-a-lite was a check-point for the Hot Rod Power Tour. I met a nice guy with a '66 Nova that day, and he mentioned this site. And now I'm finally checking it out!

I have a '66 L79 SS Chevy II. I have had it for about 7 years and it has not seen the road since I've owned it. It was originally a Georgia car (I was told by the fellow I bought it from in Puyallup, he drove it up to WA from GA). It was light blue when I bought it, I have had it painted sort of a maroon red (blood red). It is an original L79 SS car, 4 speed, 3.73 posi, etc. It was missing the engine when I got it, but some of the parts were still there, like the original clutch fan off of the L79 motor, dated 1966. The interior is gutted. I have a 327 that I'm FINALLY putting together, and about half way through. GMPP fast burn aluminum heads, Sanderson headers, GMPP block, Ohio crank, KB pistons, serp belt setup, Isky full roller kit 272/282, and top it off with fuel injection (a first for me, we'll see how it works!).

Looking forward to checking out the site!

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
That sure is a long time to have a Nova sitting around...Hope you get her on the road soon......Oh the joy............Welcome..This is a great site for any info you need.........Good luck.....

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, this is the place for info on the L79's!:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
welcome to steve's!!
leftcoast carl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know there are more Chevy II folks in this area!! Looking forward to getting my car on the road and taking it to some local events!

·
Registered
10 Posts
looking for things to do in tacoma seattle area

looking for things to do in the tacoma seattle area 1970 nova thanks for any info portwi

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome::waving:TO SNS, LOTS OF :chev: KNOWLEDGE HERE AND KNOW HOW, & TONS OF INFO. SO PULL UP A SEAT, HAVE A :beer::beer1: AND ENJOY THE GOOD FUN:prost::devil:
GOOD LUCK!~:yes:

:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts