Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Just bought my first nova off of ebay from a guy in Houston. I've had a bunch of 69 camaros and big block Chevelles. Always liked the look of the 1962-1965 novas and was drawn to this one because of the drivetrain was done very well. It has rack/pinion with disc brakes, mosier rear with 3:55 gear and disc brakes. Still has the 6 cyl. and the power glide. It came with a ls aluminum 427, that I think I'm going to sell and use a 4 bolt main 350 w/vortec heads.
The car is from California and has a fantastic rust free body.
Like I said I'm thinking 350 with a 700r trans.
Any thoughts or input from people that have been there/done that would certainly be appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. 350 with 700r4 is my choice. Not the ground shaker of a 427 but nice power and good gas mileage also fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Welcome and Hi sounds like that little nova has considerable amount of work done to it already . your car your choice of drive train. skinnydude

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats. . .

Glad you've joined Steve's. We look forward to seeing your car. Good luck with your project . . . I bought my first Nova in Wichita Falls, Texas, a long, long time ago. . .

Mike S.
Tennessee

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome

Sounds like a sweet ride, welcome to the site...looking forward to seeing pictures of your car! :yes: Are you waiting for your car to be shipped to you?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Welcome, you can't go wrong with the good old 350 of many varieties of horsepower. The overdrive will be a good choice for a daily driver. :yes:

Mine came by way of California too, they age them well over there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrat's on your car and nice that it has some upgrades already. Very cool site here, lots of ideas and help, look over some of the builds for ideas some real nice work and rides.:yes:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
:waving::welcome:Hi and welcome to SNS,lots of good people here. Lots of info:)

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome:
SNS IS YOUR ONE STOP INFORMATION CHANNEL! YOU GET IT ALL RIGHT HERE!
:pics:
GLAD YOU JOINED, ENJOY THE SITE! :thumbsup:

:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts