Chevy Nova Forum banner

New member from Alberta, Canada

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Darth 
#1 ·
I have been looking at this forum for a couple of weeks now when I found out that I might be able to buy my late uncle's 73 Nova.

Well I bought it and drove it home from Edmonton to my home down by Waterton Park yesterday.

It is a 73 Nova Custom hatchback with a 355ci/375hp, 4 speed, 3.08 limited slip (eaton) rear end. It was rebuilt about 9 years ago by as said my uncle and he put about 1000 miles a year on since.

I have just taken my first pics and will try to figure out how to post.

One thing I have noticed and my aunt and cousin pointed this out is that the transmission seems to lock up if you are not careful when putting it into reverse. If it does lock up you have to reach underneath to push one of the shift rods forward.

Anybody heard of this and have a fix for it. I got it to lock up outside my shop but have to jack one side up to reach underneath which would make it almost impossible to fix if out on the road.

Car really needs very little but I am re-searching replacing the 73 bumpers and grille with 72 ones as I like the look way better. Any thoughts?

73novassclone

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.