Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 67 hard top project that was for sale on this site a few months ago. No drivetrain but most of the body work is complete (all new quarters, smoothed firewall, floors good). Came with a fully rebuilt front clip w/ disc brakes, a nova 12 bolt housing and axles and boxes and boxes of stock parts.

Will be getting started on this project soon and will be asking lots of questions for you guys. My plan is to install an LS motor (likely 5.3), a richmond 5 speed and build the 12 bolt with posi 3.31's. Leaning towards the CBR 'basic' front end kit (lower control arms, sway bar, r&p and the idit column) rather than a TCI kit.

Previous owner filled in the cowl and wiper holes so i'm going to have to figure out what to do there. I think my only option is to install an aftermarket wiper kit - i believe i've read posts of people using a lake setup?

I already picked up a 309 bell and fork and a rebuilt 4 sp brake pedal assembly from two member here. Need to find the other 4sp parts i will need (z-bar, frame bracket, pushrod...)

gotta get my 25 posts so that i can use the for sale and wanted section!

Looking forward to comments and suggestions. I'll post pics once i get the car in my garage.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Hi and Welcome sounds like the car you just got has some real potential with that engine and 4 speed should be quite a shaker . skinnydude

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm really looking forward to installing a vortec 5.3, keeping it bone stock and computer controlled. Powerful engine and super reliable - can't ask for better. Manual trannys are so much more fun - i thought (for a sec) about installing a 4L60 and having that controlled by the ECU but then it wouldn't as much fun as ramming through the gears, right?

I can get complete drop out 5.3's for pretty cheap, but i know i have limited options with respect to exhaust. Will probably bite the bullet and buy the CBR headers - they look real nice and should flow well. I'll likely have to inquire about my options for dual exhaust when i get to that point.

Anyway, i'm rambling and trying to bump up my post count. Looking forward to making progress on this thing.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
welcome to the site. gotta love 67 hardtops!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin. You're gonna love this place.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Welcome, glad you joined in with us. Sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you. Building your car the way you want it to be is the best part of owning old cars. Hope you enjoy all of it.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts

Go to the member intro section and post welcome messages. But don't post to anything that is years old!!

Just my :2cents:

Enjoy the site and your project!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

You can load up some photo(s) thru photobucket. :D

Than copy n paster the IMG Code in the thread.....

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up a 67 hard top project that was for sale on this site a few months ago. No drivetrain but most of the body work is complete (all new quarters, smoothed firewall, floors good). Came with a fully rebuilt front clip w/ disc brakes, a nova 12 bolt housing and axles and boxes and boxes of stock parts.

Will be getting started on this project soon and will be asking lots of questions for you guys. My plan is to install an LS motor (likely 5.3), a richmond 5 speed and build the 12 bolt with posi 3.31's. Leaning towards the CBR 'basic' front end kit (lower control arms, sway bar, r&p and the idit column) rather than a TCI kit.

Previous owner filled in the cowl and wiper holes so i'm going to have to figure out what to do there. I think my only option is to install an aftermarket wiper kit - i believe i've read posts of people using a lake setup?

I already picked up a 309 bell and fork and a rebuilt 4 sp brake pedal assembly from two member here. Need to find the other 4sp parts i will need (z-bar, frame bracket, pushrod...)

Looking forward to comments and suggestions. I'll post pics once i get the car in my garage.

Patrick
Sounds nice..pics!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a little update...
Picked up a never used Heidt's 4 link for the 67 from a member here. Got a good deal on it. Haven't gotten the 67 to my place yet (need to finish a few other things on my other car in the garage before i move it in). My plan is to setup up the 4 link and put together the 12 bolt.

Will post pics when i get the car in the garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts