Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, My name is Bob (Novamaniac) and I live in Somerville NJ. I have been a member of this site for a long time. For the last x amount of years I have not been on the site much at all. I was at a local cruise night in my town last Friday and I ran into another member of this site that I have not seen in a long time. This morning I talked to another member of this site for the first time in a long time. I also have seen and talked to some other members of this site at swap meets earlier in the year.

So I figured I would start a new thread and hopefully some members from Jersey will post.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Bob its Bill from Bernardsville. It was great seeing you on Friday at the cruise night.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hey guys...Burt from Forked River here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey Bob we met a number of Years ago at the Somerville Nova Show parked in front of the Court House
Red 67 SS they changed so much there now I haven't been there in years hard to get a spot unless you get there
early and no it seems they've limited the cars also by not allowing parking corner to corner! Don't get out much anymore
but another Nova Show there would work and get me there! Rich

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bob we met a number of Years ago at the Somerville Nova Show parked in front of the Court House
Red 67 SS they changed so much there now I haven't been there in years hard to get a spot unless you get there
early and no it seems they've limited the cars also by not allowing parking corner to corner! Don't get out much anymore
but another Nova Show there would work and get me there! Rich

Hey Rich,
Yeah that would be cool if we could do it again. I know that was set up by Jake who no longer has a Nova. I know there is at least 4 regulars at cruise night with Novas and I always see more going through town. Plus people from this site. I sent an email to the town so let's see what they say. I will keep you posted.
Bob

·
Registered
236 Posts
That would be great I just can't bring myself to get there at 2pm for a 6pm cruise way to many hours
Let me know what you hear I'll make that

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hello all! Jay from Neptune here. It has been quite some time since I have been in touch with anyone from the "Delaware Valley" Nova group. Life gets in the way, etc. Heard from Bob the other day and will do my best to make any cruises and stay in touch more. Tough for me to drive an hour from Neptune to Somerville for a car cruise, especially after hearing about needing to get there super early. It seems the older I get, the less free time I have. Why is that?? Nice to see you guys on here...I will keep an eye on this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey All.
I called the town of Somerville and they said they do not do special events near the court house anymore. I am not sure I believe them and I will see if I can talk to someone in person this Friday.

I do see that there is a Friday night cruise night in Watchung at TGI Fridays on Route 22. I believe they have it from 5 to 9 pm. Might be a great alternative to meeting in Somerville.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That could work Bob yeah Somerville always has something going on in front of the courthouse
keep us posted

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rich, I will keep you and the rest of the guys posted. Let me talk to a few guys in Somerville and see if they are willing to go to TGI Fridays or what I find out from the town. Also lets see who is willing to come from this site. I think in the next 3 to 4 Fridays should be enough time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to jump into this just to be aware of what’s going on.
I’m originally from Jersey and visit once a year, usually in October. When I do I check out numerous car shows for fun.
Perhaps I can make some Nova events.
I have a ‘68 Chevy II Nova SS.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to jump into this just to be aware of what’s going on.
I’m originally from Jersey and visit once a year, usually in October. When I do I check out numerous car shows for fun.
Perhaps I can make some Nova events.
I have a ‘68 Chevy II Nova SS.

This is a big show on the other side of Flemington

Flemington Speedway Historical Society Car Show Oct 16th

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will find out Friday night if there is still a possibility for something to happen in Somerville. It is a real long shot at this point.

I think that the TGI Fridays is going to be the best chance to meet up. I am thinking Aug 13th if there is enough interest other wise I will just continue to go to Somerville.

Let me know what you think?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts