Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended up buying a 2" cowl hood from UP22. The only reason why is because the big block won't clear the stock hood with the air cleaner on.

I didn't really like the look of the cowls on the 4th gens, but I think it is growing on me now that I have one....I can't wait to put it on.

Here is a pic as it sits now. Notice the 396 on the sides.....

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
If you dont mind me asking? how much was it after shipping? Im thinking of getting the 4" bolt on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was around $450. I think the 4" cowl is a little more $$$.

Hopefully I'll be installing the hood in the next couple days, then I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good in gel coat of primer? Lets see how it looks after its first block sanding, high and low spots? How does the bottom look?
That's only after using a DA and 220 grit. I'm not going to block sand for awhile. I still have so much other body work to do yet. I figured I would block sand the whole car at one time.

There are a lot of imperfections on the hood I have already noticed that will need some body filler and the underside doesn't look to have a gel coat on it, just resin.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the hood on tonight. Here she is in all her primered glory!

Still have to do a lot of body work. All the mechanical is finally done for awhile.....Hopefully.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm normally not a big fan of 4th gens but you changed my mind. Black grill and headlight buckets look great and I like the 2" cowl hood better than stock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts