Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I am Debra and an owner of a 1970 Chevy Nova.Recieved it from a late uncle of mine before he passed away in 2011.It was 2 months after I got out of prison,did 10 years for vehicle manslaughter driving drunk one night killing a grandmother.Do regret doing this to this day living with it although I had a rough teen life.So far I have done good not going back to my old ways.Plan on putting a Holley Sniper fuel injection system on it soon,has a 383 stroker in it.I know the history of the car,was a drag car with the body not modified and put it back as a street car.My son is the next to get it the day I go,he has always liked it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helped him build this car too and he did let me drive it too.Now 41,I learned my lesson and give back.I speak out to troubled teens in a few programs on what prison life was like including my past I am not proud of to this day.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a cool car and a great thing to be handed down from generation to generation

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is.I remember it all when this uncle of mine bought it.It was a mess,one was the wiring and had to put in a new wiring harness in it.It is a cool car,my son was 3 years old when my uncle and I started working on it.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a great project to work on with your son.
It's a wonderful way for both of you to share some quality time.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome. We Learn from the past, Live for the present and Prepare for the future. Your sharing of personal testimony has great value and can be priceless in helping to keep some one from making bad choices.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome to the site and your cool car. Sounds like you're doing right in life, keep up the good work on the car and family!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Welcome to SNS , , , , , Nova Lady . . . . . with your 70 Nova , 3rd gen .

Never hurts too "post up" a picture of u'r ride ........... easy too do here with SNS :

(look at the lower "line" on this 'box' - - - )

1. 'paper clip'
2. ' chain - links'
3. 'smiley face'

#4. 'that's the camera ……….. get / find your picture ; click on the camera ; drop in the pic in u'r post.

easy - peasy . . . . . later , jim

and, let us know where your (general) location is . . . . . (could be a 'member close by' ) .

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the party . We all have a past , some better than others . But that molds us in the individual(s) we are now . Sounds like your on a positive direction and helping others in the process with showing them to change their ways . I respect that . Plus you have a mum / son project on your hand(s) =) . . . . Hopefully you can show US at what your working with ( as in with the nova ) =D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts