Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here from Houston Tx area - Pics added

Recently bought a 63 4 door Chevy II to fix up for our daughter to drive. Car is pretty solid with very little rust to deal with. Still has the 6 with auto and 4 lug wheels. First gotta get the front wheel cylinders replaced car is pulling very hard to the left. Engine seems to run good and trans shifts OK. Shift indicator seems to be messed up so gotta work on that too. The car is 300 series and has several trim pieces missing and now I finding out that the 300 trim is hard to find. I will be posting a WTB ad if I can for those pieces or for any sources anyone may know of.

I had a 73 Nova back in high school. Loved that car but a friend wound out 2nd gear too far and blew the motor for me one night after a too late night on the town.

Seems to be quite a few knowledgeable members here so I am happy to hang out for awhile. I have worked on restoring another brand car for years so maybe I can add a little to the site also.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the site :waving:

What pieces are you missing, if I may ask....?

With the trim pieces Im sure some of our members are willing to help....:yes:

Also photos of the car would be great, if you can find some :)

Some of people have been converting the 4 lug setup..to 5 lug ( I can help with that if your interested....)

Once again Welcome to the Family....:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the welcome.

I will post some pics when I get some with the camera all I have right is phone pics.

Yes I will be doing the 5 lug swap just right now I need to get it on the road.

I need both front fenders trim pieces which are wider than the rest of the trim and the right rear quarter. Also both pieces that go around the tail lights. I have the rest.

Another comment the bolt that holds the 63 front wheel cylinders to the spindle are VERY hard to get out. Got the drivers side out but pass side won't budge. Used heat, long break over bar still no luck. May have to remove the spindle and take it to work so I can get a big impact on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom

I see we are neighbors. I actually live in LaPorte so we are close.

Maybe some time we can meet up and talk shop.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Tom

I see we are neighbors. I actually live in LaPorte so we are close.

Maybe some time we can meet up and talk shop.
That would be great....feel free to give me a shout when you get time.....BTW, I am working on a 66 wagon, check out my build thread in my signature line, just made some progress today...

There are a couple more Steve's members very close, Les (AconLP) is in Deer Park and Robert (Littel Red Wagon) is in Clear lake....

T,

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome to Steves. Post up what ever you need and we will try to help you. We really would like to see some pictures of you're car!! RICK

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

SOUNDS LIKE YA GOT A NICE :chev: RIDE
PICS ARE HIGHLY DESIRED AND ENCOURAGED, GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US,
ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got that passenger side wheel cylinder off. Had to remove the spindle and with heat and an impact got bolt out without breaking anything.

Working extra hours at work for another week once that is done I will get the pictures I promised posted.

Almost had a parts car with all the trim I needed but it didn't work out so I'm still on the hunt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts