Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 1967 pontiac Acadian and I can't figure out how to read the ID plate, I tried to scower the net but either I can't figure it out or I'm not looking in the right places so I hope you can give me a hand.
Here goes,
Style: 71537 2-2-17
Body no. OS 824435
Paint 9
Trim 211
that is how it reads on the plate.

Thanks alot guys, I'd post a pic of my car but for some reason it won't allow me to.

·
13,805 Posts
First, your car is not a Pontiac. Acadians were a stand alone model line sold at Pontiac-Buick dealers in Canada. Most provincial motor vehicle offices didn't even know this, so they're almost all titled as Pontiacs. Acadians even had their own spot on dealer signs which read Pontiac-Buick-Acadian-Vauxhall-GMC trucks. You won't find the name Pontiac anywhere on your Acadian.

As for the cowl tag:

7 - 1967
1537 - Acadian Canso Sport Coupe (hdtp) 6 cyl. (V8's were 1637)
2-2-17 - body build date code - 2nd shift, 2nd month (Feb/67), 17th day
OS - Oshawa, Ontario (build plant)
9 - don't know - paint codes were letters. Check again.
211 - black vinyl trim (benchseat)

You can get all this info and more by having GM Canada document your car. Here's the link to the info:
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/shopping/parts/vintage

Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, your car is not a Pontiac. Acadians were a stand alone model line sold at Pontiac-Buick dealers in Canada. Most provincial motor vehicle offices didn't even know this, so they're almost all titled as Pontiacs. Acadians even had their own spot on dealer signs which read Pontiac-Buick-Acadian-Vauxhall-GMC trucks. You won't find the name Pontiac anywhere on your Acadian.

As for the cowl tag:

7 - 1967
1537 - Acadian Canso Sport Coupe (hdtp) 6 cyl. (V8's were 1637)
2-2-17 - body build date code - 2nd shift, 2nd month (Feb/67), 17th day
OS - Oshawa, Ontario (build plant)
9 - don't know - paint codes were letters. Check again.
211 - black vinyl trim (benchseat)

You can get all this info and more by having GM Canada document your car. Here's the link to the info:
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/shopping/parts/vintage

Hope this helps.

Bob
Thanks Bob,
you are now the third person to point out the err of my ways on the pontiac thing. Thanks for helping me out with the tag I will have to look again at the paint code but I swore it was a 9.
Thanks again Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, great to have another member from Abbotsford at Steves. :yes:
Well, let me be number four.
Yeah I can't believe how many guys form Abby are on here, I can't say I've been looking for them but I haven't seen all that many Nova/Acadians on the streets here.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Yeah I can't believe how many guys form Abby are on here, I can't say I've been looking for them but I haven't seen all that many Nova/Acadians on the streets here.
You want to see Acadians and Novas? Join us June 14 for our Nova & Acadian Cruise and BBQ. :yes:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120995

BTW
Where abouts in Abby are you located ? Bob lives on the eastern side and I live on the western side, close to Rick Hansen School.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking about coming out for the cruise, can't commit yet, I live over by Bateman park on the East side of town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts