Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
good morning,

I'm looking for new headers for my '70 Nova. My old ones seems to be too small.

The front subframe is stock.

The flange has to be for ProTopline "as cast" aluminum SBC heads and the tubes should be bigger then 1 3/4".

As my new engine will have around 750-800HP the old headers with 1 3/4" tubes seems to be too small and the Dart flange will not fit.

Does anyone has experiences in that and can help?

greets and thx in advance

carl

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
x2!

1 3/4 to 1/78 stepped headers, pro stock technology in an off the shelf part, flange fitment is excellent, their ceramic coating looks great and lasts. I will only buy their headers from now on
These are the one's that I have on my little 383 street car now. Very nice product that can hang with the well known name brands.

I only buy ceramic coated headers or take them and have them coated. I never run a painted header anymore, too ugly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
These are the one's that I have on my little 383 street car now. Very nice product that can hang with the well known name brands.

I only buy ceramic coated headers or take them and have them coated. I never run a painted header anymore, too ugly.

did those come with the collectors on them? whats the part number?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
did those come with the collectors on them? whats the part number?
Yes they did. Should be 740-21310, I am not home now where my paperwork is, but I got this off of their website. I got these shipped to my house for $349 and they are coated. Wished I had bought 10 sets of them at that price. Sponsor is not on this forum anymore, he gave me a fantastic deal. These headers have full 3/8" flanges with a captured collector gasket that cannot and will not blow out or leak. They also came with 12" collector extensions coated also. As good as if not better than Hooker, Hedman, etc..

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_nova_68_74.html

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

they look really nice but i can't find anything in 1 7/8" or 2" on their website.

the only parts I found are from hedman (pnr 65025-6). 1 7/8" to 2" stepped.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
they look really nice but i can't find anything in 1 7/8" or 2" on their website.

the only parts I found are from hedman (pnr 65025-6). 1 7/8" to 2" stepped.
For your application I would run the full 1 7/8" or the ones you listed above which you would need the Stahl pattern adapter plates for the head I guess. All this depending on what size exhaust port you have now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hedman husler

After a discussion with hedman I now have ordered the 65020 (1 7/8 steel) from hedman and later I let them be coated.

hopefully they will fit :)

thx for the quick answers

carl

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes they did. Should be 740-21310, I am not home now where my paperwork is, but I got this off of their website. I got these shipped to my house for $349 and they are coated. Wished I had bought 10 sets of them at that price. Sponsor is not on this forum anymore, he gave me a fantastic deal. These headers have full 3/8" flanges with a captured collector gasket that cannot and will not blow out or leak. They also came with 12" collector extensions coated also. As good as if not better than Hooker, Hedman, etc..

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_nova_68_74.html
one more question, hows the fitment? does it touch the steering box?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
one more question, hows the fitment? does it touch the steering box?
They don't touch the steering box, but did touch the pittman arm at full left turn. Plugs aren't hard to change. Fit and finish is excellent. A friend of mine put them on his 72 also and a few others here on the board also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
After a discussion with hedman I now have ordered the 65020 (1 7/8 steel) from hedman and later I let them be coated.

hopefully they will fit :)

thx for the quick answers

carl
news: they do not fit! the flange does not fit to my heads.

we need to change the flange and let it be coated again :mad:

greets

carl

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

endless story......I have sold the hedman headers to a friend and ordered new customized Stahl headers with the correct flange for my 14* ProTopline heads.

now - we got the new customized headers (stepped 1 7/8" to 2")

.....and this is the result: :mad:

my first plan was to switch to manual steering - yesterday I have ordered a vega style steering box........hopefully it will fit.

greets
carl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts