Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
New to the site and new and somewhat proud owner of a 63 Nova.
A little about the car. Seen on eBay and bought after it wasnt selling on eBay. Thought I stole it until I really started digging and found all of the stuff someone else had rigged on the car. Pulled the existing 350 out that was supposed to be a 4 bolt main, was actually a 2 bolt. Learned leason, no matter how hard it is to read the block numbers, do it. Still would have bought the car but it would helped me knock some more money off the price. Have since bought a 383 to put back in it. Still trying to figure out if they changed the motor mounts on the frame side. It looks as though they would make the motor sit at an angle. The car has been tubbed, not a pretty job but it will be OK with some work. Ladder bar suspension, I had to re-weld it all. The mounting tabs broke off while I was pulling myself under the car to work on it! I added coil-overs in the rear and an 8 point cage is sitting in the garage waiting to be welded in along with a new wiring harness. Future plans include disk brakes and a new front clip. Still alot to do.
About me, I love to customize Harleys, finishing one of mine right now to sell to further fund the Nova project! I work in a CNC shop building railcar wheel sets. Married to a wonderful woman who doesnt understand why I want to build the car but stands behind me because "it makes me happy" and two kids, both are still trying to figure out where the back seat is gonna be!

·
Registered
760 Posts
WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL SITE. YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF YOUR ASWERS HERE. GOOD LUCK WITH ALL OF YOUR PLANS. :chev::thumbsup::chev::)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Suck to hear the seller wasn't truthful ,but at least you'll have it done right and know what you have. It will also come with a greater sense of pride, as you know.

Welcome to the site!:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts