Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add! I live in the Pacific NW, south of Seattle (Enumclaw) and I'm currently working to get my 70 2dr back on the road. I've owned in the past two 69 Novas and loved them both, one six cylinder/TH350 which my wife at the time totaled, around 1981, it was towed off and I never saw it again! My second 69 I bought from a friend minus the engine, he used the car as a 1/4 mile drag car and he kept the motor. It came with a M22 rockcrusher with 373 rear, I had a 350 built, dropped it in and the car was a blast to drive! I had a young family at the time and my union brothers and I went on strike and money was short so I sold the car to a friend who totaled it about a month later! I never saw that one again either :(
About 15yrs ago my youngest was coming up on driving age and I ran out and bought him his first car, yep, a Nova of course, 70, 307/powerglide, it was rough but I figured he and I would put some time into it and he could have it when he got his license but the first time we drove it in the rain we noticed around the windshield water pouring inside, the A pillars were leaking badly! We removed the windshield and discovered EVERYTHING was rusted terribly, both A pillars and the dash were completely gone, all the rusty metal came off along with the windshield tape. So I bought him a little Plymouth Valiant (he had decided to become a Mopar fan) and I proceeded to take the Nova down to bare bones and had the whole thing media blasted. When it came back it was like Swiss cheese! A-pillars, gone, dash, gone, cowls, gone, trunk floor, gone, floorboards, gone, B-pillars, gone, rear tray package, yep, gone.
I bought and replaced the trunk floor, both fronts and one rear floorboards but life got in the way so I stuck the car in my oldest boys barn and it's been sitting for the last 15 years. I recently retired and needed a project so I pulled it back and out, bought and installed the rear package area, complete dash assembly, top inner cowl panel, and repaired both the A&B-pillars. So I'm starting from scratch again I guess :eek: I have most of the cars pieces in various boxes and bags but damned if I can remember how they all go back together!

Attachments

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
560 Posts
Welcome! Good to hear it will be saved! Get an Assembly Instruction Manual and also summon the gurus here for knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts