Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Bob Niemczyk. I own a 63 Chevy II Nova 400 2door post car. I’ve owned it since 1976. It’s been a drag car since before I bought it and I’ve known the former owners since 1967. I was the street eliminator track champion at Atco Dragway with it in 1986. It started out with a 194 6cyl, went to a modified 230 that ran 14’s, a 292 truck 6 cylinder that got into the 12’s. I got tired of beating up parts for 6cyl and finally put a V8 in it. It ran mid 10’s very consistently and I won a lot of money with it bracket racing. I had it back halved in the late 80’s and that’s where it is now. I raced it till around 2000 when I got a really good deal on a tube chassis Vega. I parked it then and raced the Vega till about 2009 when my son and I built a dragster. It has a 2 liter 4cyl with a turbo and has run [email protected] mph. We set quite a few records with it. We still race it from time to time, but not as much as when we first built it. The place the Nova was stored changed and I had to move it so I decided to start having fun with it again. 2 years ago we got it out of storage and got it running. We got all the lights and horn working and I tagged it and insured it for the street. Last year I entered HotRod Drag Week and had an absolute great time. We finished 18th out of 130 cars. We averaged 10.62 for the week. That’s my story and thanks for reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts