Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here but have been a part of the hobby for 25 years or so. I’m in the early stages of a 1967 nova project with my son (17). Came here to see how the rest of the nova hobby is doing.

mike

·
Registered
188 Posts
I’m new here but have been a part of the hobby for 25 years or so. I’m in the early stages of a 1967 nova project with my son (17). Came here to see how the rest of the nova hobby is doing.

mike
Welcome to the site, and looking forward to seeing pics of your ride! Anything you want or need to know about a Nova is on this site. I've found so many helpful articles and the wealth of knowledge of its members is amazing. You're a good Dad to do a project car with your Son. Lasting memories being built. Share with us as you go, it's fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, our 67 was my uncles and sat in his barn since 1987/88. He restored and showed a few classic chevys over the years but never got to this one.

He recently passed away but we are going to do this they way he would have done it in his younger years (stock body/interior, slight rake, traction bars, slotted/mag wheels, healthy 461 headed 327). This isn’t your modern billet, LS swap, lowered kind of build. It is a build focused on how would a guy would have built a hot street car in the late 1960’s/early 1970’s.

My son and I are working on the engine build right now as part of his senior project for school. Goal is to externally look like a 1960’s corvette 327 engine swap (2x4 low rise w/carter AFB’s, corvette ribbed valve covers, 461 camel hump heads, Plug wire shields, etc). We just picked up the block, crank, heads, and rods from the machine shop and started blueprinting the short block last week. Realized I had neglected to teach my son to read .0001 micrometers until now!

I’ll probably do a build post at some point but it will be a while before I get to working on the car itself and focus on the engine for now. A 327 build would bore most here to tears I’m sure.

thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! The '67 sound like a great "father & son" project.
Best of luck with your build!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
welcome to the nova site. this is the place to find any info or maybe even a part or two that you want to be original. an i have a L-30 327 in my 66 so any pictures you want to post all is good.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Thanks, our 67 was my uncles and sat in his barn since 1987/88. He restored and showed a few classic chevys over the years but never got to this one.

He recently passed away but we are going to do this they way he would have done it in his younger years (stock body/interior, slight rake, traction bars, slotted/mag wheels, healthy 461 headed 327). This isn’t your modern billet, LS swap, lowered kind of build. It is a build focused on how would a guy would have built a hot street car in the late 1960’s/early 1970’s.

My son and I are working on the engine build right now as part of his senior project for school. Goal is to externally look like a 1960’s corvette 327 engine swap (2x4 low rise w/carter AFB’s, corvette ribbed valve covers, 461 camel hump heads, Plug wire shields, etc). We just picked up the block, crank, heads, and rods from the machine shop and started blueprinting the short block last week. Realized I had neglected to teach my son to read .0001 micrometers until now!

I’ll probably do a build post at some point but it will be a while before I get to working on the car itself and focus on the engine for now. A 327 build would bore most here to tears I’m sure.

thanks
Sounds like a great engine for your car. That was the way there were built back then.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
All builds are welcome here. Some go on for years. The information that is archived for builds remains relevant as others are looking for the details that make their car build complete.. Vanovafan has a beautifully restored 66 SS, L79 that I learned something from through his well documented build.. His car has four mufflers on it and that was a factory setup.. I don’t need or want four mufflers but the two at the rear of the car caught my attention as I had been considering putting my mufflers at the rear of the car and here I was seeing it done on his car the way it left the factory.. My car will be far from a stock original build but the information shared in the build solidfied the concept I was contemplating..

Another reason to share your build is the loss of many build thread photos due to the Photo Bucket fiasco. Many builds have blurred images that probably never will be recovered.. Please share your build. We won’t be bored with it..

Welcome to the site..

·
Registered
743 Posts
All builds are welcome here. Some go on for years. The information that is archived for builds remains relevant as others are looking for the details that make their car build complete.. Vanovafan has a beautifully restored 66 SS, L79 that I learned something from through his well documented build.. His car has four mufflers on it and that was a factory setup.. I don’t need or want four mufflers but the two at the rear of the car caught my attention as I had been considering putting my mufflers at the rear of the car and here I was seeing it done on his car the way it left the factory.. My car will be far from a stock original build but the information shared in the build solidfied the concept I was contemplating..

Another reason to share your build is the loss of many build thread photos due to the Photo Bucket fiasco. Many builds have blurred images that probably never will be recovered.. Please share your build. We won’t be bored with it..

Welcome to the site..
If it was from the factory, that has two mufflers and two resonators.

·
Registered
590 Posts

thanks
Thumbs UP on the 327. Anyone can build an LS motor. Takes a real man to build a 327! Love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Figured I could at least add a picture of the 67. Not nice but not junk either. Then again, it’s been in the barn for 30 years.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Great looking project Mike. Good that you can get your son involved. I tried to get my son involved in his late teens and the project was a 55 belair wagon. it was in pieces and his comment to me at the time was " when are you going to take the bucket of bolts to the junkyard". Well, i sold the project and next came a 57 Tbird restoration and he wasn't going to miss out on this one. I can't tell you the joy it was to have him by my side enjoying what was my passion when i was his age. Just like Bob's 65 said.......You're a good dad!!!!!!! good luck and keep the pics coming

1 - 18 of 18 Posts