Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, am a lifelong gearhead. Moved to the left coast from the East coast 4 years ago and want to make some contacts. Current ride is a 1965 Nova, looks original on the outside but is plenty potent. Bought is a few years ago for the body and have been working on getting it to be a great driver. Just went through the engine, added a Comp can (240/246), aluminum heads, Demon carb. It sounds and runs great, maybe a little rough idle for some but being an old school guy it is what I like. Also added a B&M 2400 torque converter, TCI 700R4 transmission and B&M Hammer shifter. Cruises the highway like a champ with the lock-up converter. Am working on the temperature issues as the weather here gets quite warm and we all know how well these early nova's breathe. Otherwise it looks like Grandma's Chevy2 right down to the towel rack. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested.
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...lie24691/Nova/ Thanks for any and all input.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself, am a lifelong gearhead. Moved to the left coast from the East coast 4 years ago and want to make some contacts. Current ride is a 1965 Nova, looks original on the outside but is plenty potent. Bought is a few years ago for the body and have been working on getting it to be a great driver. Just went through the engine, added a Comp can (240/246), aluminum heads, Demon carb. It sounds and runs great, maybe a little rough idle for some but being an old school guy it is what I like. Also added a B&M 2400 torque converter, TCI 700R4 transmission and B&M Hammer shifter. Cruises the highway like a champ with the lock-up converter. Am working on the temperature issues as the weather here gets quite warm and we all know how well these early nova's breathe. Otherwise it looks like Grandma's Chevy2 right down to the towel rack. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested.
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...lie24691/Nova/ Thanks for any and all input.
welcome to steves!Alot of Norcal guys on here.We have the nova mini nationals in pleasanton in 3 months..you should come!BTW the pic link doesn't work.bm

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hello from fellow nor cal, Welcome to the site!! lots of good people here.
:pics:

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
welcome ,welcome ,check out the Nova Mini Nats ..by hosted NNN put on by NOR-CAL NOVAS ..it's Sept 5th in Pleasanton check ot the info on NNN or on this site .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome, you're going to like this site..lots of great people here...
I'm just up the hill from you in Grass Valley...

pops

·
Registered
508 Posts
welcome! what kind of radiator are you running? if its the ol brass one chuck it and get your self an aluminum one. i bought a universal one and welded my own tabs on the tubes and bolted it right in the stock location. i think a paid $139.00 for it. great investment!

·
Registered
508 Posts
POPS:

i use to go up your way every year for the blue grass festival. ii always had a great time up there alot of fun. its has benn a while since i was there though, do you go to it?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
POPS:

i use to go up your way every year for the blue grass festival. ii always had a great time up there alot of fun. its has benn a while since i was there though, do you go to it?
Been there, you're right, it's always a great time. A couple of yrs ago, we took the RV and stayed on the Fairgrounds. The music and the partying that went on in the campground after the festival was amazing...

pops

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the response

Nice to see the responses on here. Seems like a great site. Pops, do you ever venture down to Loomis or Auburn for the car shows? Been to a few, maybe I will bump into you sometime.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome norcal from socal,sweet car. ya know you just cant find anything bad about novas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the complement

It is even cleaner than in the pictures, the body is really straight and original. When moving to the west coast from New England a few years ago (yeah it was the weather) my son and I could not believe that cars could last so long and be so rust free. All that time I thought 10 years was the limit before cancer. Now the drive train is real solid and with the overdrive trans cruises like a new car, drive it everywhere. Have to work on the heating issue (need an aluminum radiator) and then will be putting disk brakes on the front. The 355 that was in it had a real issue with compression the previous owner had the engine built for racing with pop up pistons and all. I went through it and put on 68cc heads, .045 thick head gasket and brought the compression down to about 10.2 to 1. Now it even runs on the crappy gas sold in California.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice to see the responses on here. Seems like a great site. Pops, do you ever venture down to Loomis or Auburn for the car shows? Been to a few, maybe I will bump into you sometime.
Going to make a few Auburn shows this summer, I'll PM you when I'm going, fair enough?

pops

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Welcome!

The link does not work for me! :no:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts