Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been lurking around the site for a while now and decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Broc and as of last weekend my 1977 Nova Concours has finally been brought back to life. It has been patiently hibernating in the back of the shed for 8 years and I am excited to finally get this project up and going. It currently sits with with factory 305 V8 and TH350. The body is solid with no rust, but the car is starting to show it's age. Brakes could use some work, transmission is starting to leak and the engine burns a little oil. Nothing that can't be fixed. This is my first real restoration type project so it will definitely be a learning experience. I've already learned quite a bit from searching around the forum. You guys have some slick looking Nova's! I'm sure I'll be dropping in from time to time with a few questions. :)

Here is a picture from this past weekend:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still in the process of moving, but by the end of the year I should be permanently living near Wichita.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS BROC , :waving:

:cool pics::cool pics::cool pics:
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE CAR? :confused:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now my main focus is on the brakes. At some point I'd like to swap out the 305 for a mildly built 350 and rebuild the transmission. That would be the perfect time to redo the exhaust as well. Suspension upgrades and new wheels/tires will probably come after that. I'd like to turn the car into a fun daily driver that also has a little bark.

On the other hand, I could rebuild the 454 BB I have sitting in the back of the shed.... :D

Bill - I'm in the process of moving, but by the end of the year I'll be permanently located near Wichita.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts