Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Mike and I'm 53 and have been a car guy all my life. In high school it was Mopars. I drove a 1970 Cuda with a 383 Super Commando.

Later I had a 63 Nova SS Convertible with a 283. On to Corvettes, Camaro's, and Street Rods. I even had a 55 Nomad with a Big Block.

I have a 1936 Plymouth 5 Window Coupe with a 383 Stroker motor and a 700R4 AOD, and a 1949 Studebaker one ton on a Dodge 3500 chassis with a Cummins Turbo Diesel right now.

This week end I bought a really nice 1963 Chevy II wagon. It has a 292 truck motor with a clifford intake and a split header, and a Holley 4 barrel. It has disc brakes already.

I really like the wagons, and I want to build a nice driver. I found this site when I googled Nova Suspension upgrades. I have done engine builds etc... as I am a Machinist by trade, although I'm an inspector now. You guys seem to know your stuff, and I thought I would pick yalls brains as to which front end to use.

I have read the threads on TCI and Heidts and Church Boys, etc... and I'm leaning towards a complete swap like the TCI. I plan to use a 350 or 383 and an AOD. I would like to run pump gas, and have air cond. as it is real humid here in Alabama.

All words of advice, encouragement, and warnings of what to expect or what to look for are greatly appreciated.

By the way, I plan to use the painted versions as this will be a driver not a World of Wheels contender. Trying to get the best bang for my buck.

I will be turning the 292 with the performance goodies and the 350 turbo behind it loose to help fund the build.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
383nova66

I like Heidts for the street with power steering which I have on my 66 street car and TCI for the strip which I have on my pro-street drag car.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:waving: TO STEVE'S NOVA SITE MIKE ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER :chev: NOVAHOLIC ON BOARD!

ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Lots of good info and good folks here.
Where are ya at in Bama? I lived in Ozark for 15 years before moving back to Indiana.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome aboard!!! Lots of good info and good folks here.
Where are ya at in Bama? I lived in Ozark for 15 years before moving back to Indiana.
About 25 miles north of Birmingham. A friend and I drove to Indianapolis and got the little wagon last weekend on Saturday morning, and came back Sat night. It was about a thousand mile round trip in 16 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts