Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Greg and I'm new to the site. I have a 77 Nova with a 400 + horsepower 383 small block, 700 r4 trans, 3.73:1 Eaton 8.5 limited slip rear. The car is originally from California, a friend brought it to Michigan and sold it to me. I've had the car for nearly ten years now, I drove it several years, summers only, with the stock 305 2 brrl and 200 metric trans, and slowly changed the car to my liking. I have put countless hours into the car to get it where it is today. I have changed the appearance of the car also, in my opinion for the better. It is a clean summer brawler and is extremely quick, with the overdrive trans I get 16+ mpg at 65 miles per hour on the highway. This picture was taken last year up at the St. Igance car show. I drive it usually once or twice a week to work in the summer, as well as lots of pleasure driving. I'm glad I found this site!! :D

Buckle

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
welcome to the site. :cool:

How do you like the 700R4? Was it built up to take your HP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome to the site. :cool:

How do you like the 700R4? Was it built up to take your HP?
Thank You! The 700r4 works fine for me. I was told it was an all stock unit out of a 1991 Caprice, the fluid was nice and pink when I purchased it. I run a B and M 2400 stall with lock up. I installed a trans go shift kit. I've put around 10,000 miles on the motor and trans, no problems yet. The throttle valve cable adjustment is a bit tricky to me, I seem to have it set correctly for good pressure. It shifts very crisp with mild acceleration, wide open throttle there is absolutely no pause in the burnout, first to second gear is seemless with the tires spin, very awesome trans in my opinion.

Buckle

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the site....Glad to see another 4th gen on here....Do you ever go to Super Chevy at Norwalk Ohio ?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, sweet looking ride!:yes:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Welocme,Very cool, nice to see a few more michigan guys lately, i had a 78 with a 76SS grill, love that look!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2chevy2s - Thank You!!

MadMoose - No, I've never been to Super Chevy in Norwalk. Is it a racing event?

TAZ3 - Thanks a lot, I have a lot of time in this car and really like the way it turned out as well as the way it drives and handles.

74 Hatchback - I really dig the 76 SS grille also, I didn't feel badly making this car the way I wanted it since the SS package on the 4th gen cars were appearance only, nothing related to performance. I just think the car looks so much better with the SS items installed, on this car it was like night and day, the difference in looks I mean.

Buckle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts